Home

Madden 11= Lack of features

This is a discussion on Madden 11= Lack of features within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Madden 11= Lack of features

I really hope they mention custom cameras and custom stadium music is in. Heck, if custom stadium music was in, we could have put the stadium chants in ourselves. This is one feature I dont understand why hasnt made it in a Madden game. The blueprint was laid years ago.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #58
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
and that is the Online Team Play.
What is THAT? And do you honestly think thats the last main feature?
Old 06-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #59
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
What is THAT? And do you honestly think thats the last main feature?

It was already leaked long ago by gamestop before they took it down. Madden will have 3 on 3 online team play this year.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #60
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Locomotion is a good upgrade from the past few years are so on the next gen console.

Dual sticks is a very nice upgrade to help out the running game and all.

Gus as the new announcer is a very big upgrade from this past year.

Yes madden might be lacking somethings. But just because this is no info on offline franchise right now. Doesn't mean they haven't done anything to it. I sure they will give up all the info we need by next weekend. Unless they hold back some info until after E3. But we will find out soon enough. But madden is still good to go this coming year.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #61
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

I'll hold off on my judgement until the game actually comes out. I WOULD like to see the in-game saves though. Sometimes you have to quit unexpectedly and might have a game almost finished. I love that feature.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU ILLEST
The truth is there are very few non biased people that post on here period. When people post here saying that Madden will suck, it could be from following what the history of the games has showed them. If someone says Madden will be great, it could be from what "that person" perceives as an improvement.

I find it hard to believe that some people are not just blindly following behind a game if it doesn't have sound fundamentals. I don't stand behind any series in particular. I just want good football. If I see in 2010 a football player skating across the field, but look back at football in 5005 or 2006 and see that other games don't have that, I want to know why. I have purchased NCAA and Madden every year, so no one can say that I'm just hating on EA. At the same time, I would prefer to have a truthful statement as to why their are spending resources on Superstar mode, Online tracking, Madden trading card games, etc. and not fixing the fundamentals of the game or patching exploits (Turbo blitzing, juke glitch, rocket catching).
Excellent post and I couldn't agree more. I don't understand how it benefits me to blindly hate a "game". I'm a grown up. I pay hard earned money for a product, I want it to be at least as good as the ones 6 years older than it. That product has been a complete abomination and embarrassment. Go out and buy a different one? I can't, because no one else can make NFL football games. The Tiburon team will get no sympathy from me. They should be embarrassed with what's been delivered. Lower the price to 39.00 and I'll gladly buy Madden. To pay 60 dollars for what's being done is not only gouging, it's ridiculously arrogant of EA. Then to charge for features that should already be included on top of it is even worse.

When challenged with questions as to why basic items are left unchanged, broken and incomplete, they give you a laundry list of excuses. Madden is supposed to be a football game. The football sucks in the game, point blank. It's not as good as the "other" game which is much older. In order to win over the customer, make the football in the game AT LEAST as good as that other game. Don't give the customer excuses.

Someone forgot to tell EA that Madden is still a football game. Not a game to trade cards, or collect magic rings or whatever other stupid crap they put in there. Get the football right. It's not rocket science.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #63
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Marketing it as a main full time feature almost more than anything else is suspect
Quite the contrary, if you ask me. If we had removed any gameplay related items as announced features, I'd be more concerned than I am now. (not that I'm particularly concerned)

Hearing about just gameflow, Gus Johnson, stadium sounds, and online scouting would be far more suspect. (I may have missed a feature, or two)

Your definition of a feature seems to be anything that isn't 'gameplay'. At least, that's what I determine from your last 3 posts.

I guess mine would be, anything that gets stamped on the back of the box.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Is that a bad thing? Features are overrated anyways. They should be cleaning up and adding on to last year game. I'm tired of seeing what is advertised as a franchise changing feature only to not be in the game two years later.
+1

Maybe the "lack of features" gave them more time to focus on the more important aspect.....GAMEPLAY.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »