Home

Franchise speculations

This is a discussion on Franchise speculations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Franchise speculations

I want instant instant replays after big plays and especially TD's ..
Old 06-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #74
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Franchise speculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
Online is where the money is and sadly that seems to be EA's goal. Whilst Ian and co may not entirely represent that viewpoint, the guy writing their cheques is of that opinion.
Franchise should be as big a focus for Madden as Dynasty is for NCAA Football,IMO.What Im about to say is going to seem rather snarky(if that's the right word) but Im being serious.It makes no sense for Madden to be "a jack of all trades but a master of none".What does next-gen Madden do well and why not make it franchise?

Think about it,if you are dating someone exclusively and you get to the point you are thinking of ending it.You think about the things that you really like about them that you would miss if they were not around.That weighs heavy on your ultimate decision.

Well,I have been dealing excusively with Madden for my NFL fix since 2005.Madden 10 improved on somethings but that aint saying much considering Madden 06-09.LOL

Someone really help me recall what next-gen Madden has done well,not improved or tweeked a little,in their opinion.What is Maddens' "claim to fame" now besides the exclusive NFL license?Why not make it franchise?

People talk about,myself included,Maddens' focus being on online because that where the money is for EA.That's cool but that's arguably what Madden does worst of all!LOL

Im not trying to be negative or just complain but what am I saying that's not true?

The best feature online and highly touted last year was online franchise.That mode was missing alot then,which is understandable since it was the first year implementing it,but seem promising for Madden 11.However,now every time I hear a dev talk about online franchise their saying it's a mode just for people who know each other to play some games but not really effective for social networking.EA recently bought a social networking site so it would seem that's where they think the money is online.My point being,now they dont believe online franchise even fits in that category!Not to mention ranked games being plaqued with glitchers,cheesers and everything in between.Then,their solution to this is to have gamers earn coins to scout these gamers by playing and completing more online games with these same gamers!LOL

So I ask the sincere question again,what does next-gen Madden do well and why not make it franchise?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »