Home

Which ratings are known to not effect anything?

This is a discussion on Which ratings are known to not effect anything? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Which ratings are known to not effect anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by king525
I think the awareness rating has any effect on anything. I use the raiders and derrick brown with his 45 awareness rating makes some amazing no look ints lol.
Again your assuming that the one rating IMPACTS the outcome of the play

There are 7 different ratings that take into account of him making that INT

Play Recognition
Man Coverage
Zone Coverage
Spectacular Catch
Catch in Traffic
Catch
Awareness

I can almost gurantee you even his awarness is only 45 aslong as he is in position to make the play his catch rating, spectacular catch or catch in traffic ratings will factor in as well.....

Unless he has a rating between 0-15 in all those areas in Madden he's still capable of making the play and it's also tied into the setting slider setting for non SIMMED games

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-03-2010, 11:44 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

i think it needs to be distiguished which ratings are redundant & which ratings arent as effective as they should be.

people are gonna use the arguement about how it doesnt matter if u put peyton manning on the OL, it'll still work. this would fit into the latter category. strength, acceleration & awareness fit into this category as well.

then there are redundant ratings like block shedding (cos u have finesse & power move), run & pass blocking (cos of run/pass block strength/footwork), & throw accuracy (supplanted by short, mid & deep accuracy).
Old 06-03-2010, 11:52 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 8

weight is a useless rating. (trying to be a smart@#$ but sadly this is true.... offensive line anyone?)

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 06-04-2010, 12:00 AM   #20
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawkinseffect
that is a lie, Pats coach always get wins no matter what team he is coaching.

Awareness only really means something for your QB, I noticed that when I had to pick up a FA QB when mine went down, he had higher awareness then my starter and went 4-1 in simmed games even with having 75 power and accuracy
... i'm pretty sure that a QB's awareness rating dictates where he puts the ball in relation to the receiver and the defensive back. what i mean is that the relative accuracy will determine if the pass is either to the receiver or randomely off target (another issue) and then the awarness will affect if the ball is placed where only the receiver can get it or if the defensive back has an opportunity to make a play.

just a theory i've developed when i used to play my 49ers franchise and used nate davis who had very high short accuracy but low awareness.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #21
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Just to briefly put some more thoughts out there as far as ratings...

In extreme cases such as having a pure WR playing DB or a punter on the OL, I do want to see more dramatic results. But aside from that, I sometimes wonder what people are looking for when they say ratings do not matter at all.

If I think about the games I've watched in real life, how often do we see one player dominate another play after play after play? I guess I should say aside from a superstar receiver having his way with an inferior DB. Even most backups on O-line's are somewhat serviceable. Yeah, they should get beat more frequently. But I don't want any more dramatizations than in real life just to show the ratings work.

Brings me to the thought of Cory Proctor as the Cowboys starting center and guard have gone down the past 2 years. Yeah he got driven back more than the starters...but he wasn't a turnstyle back there and he has a reputation as a poor pass blocker (at least among Dallas fans).

My point is that football as a game has a way of hiding it's poor players more so than other sports such as basketball or baseball where individuals seem to have more of an impact. I still would like to ratings matter more (especially in the trenches) but I'm not looking for anything extra dramatic.

Last edited by RGiles36; 06-04-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 12:33 AM   #22
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8
Icon12 Re: Which ratings are known to not effect anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

Play Recognition
Man Coverage
Zone Coverage
Spectacular Catch
Catch in Traffic
Catch
Awareness

I can almost gurantee you even his awarness is only 45 aslong as he is in position to make the play his catch rating, spectacular catch or catch in traffic ratings will factor in as well.....

Unless he has a rating between 0-15 in all those areas in Madden he's still capable of making the play and it's also tied into the setting slider setting for non SIMMED games
I have set all the ratings to 0 for a o-lineman and had the same results as when i had them all set to 99 similiar things have been tested hundreds if not thousands of times on these boards with the same result.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:34 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNutman
i think it needs to be distiguished which ratings are redundant & which ratings arent as effective as they should be.

people are gonna use the arguement about how it doesnt matter if u put peyton manning on the OL, it'll still work. this would fit into the latter category. strength, acceleration & awareness fit into this category as well.

then there are redundant ratings like block shedding (cos u have finesse & power move), run & pass blocking (cos of run/pass block strength/footwork), & throw accuracy (supplanted by short, mid & deep accuracy).
Do you consider Pursuit and Tackling to be the same thing?

If not then Block Shed and Finesse Move/Power Move shouldn't be considered the same or redundant either...

There are ratings in basketball games like for Dunking, Dunking Ability and Jumping they all tie into a different aspect of dunking which is what you have with Finesse Move, Power Move and Block Shedding....

Finesse Move/Power Move dictates what type of tendency a player will be on the field such as speed rusher or power rusher and then how effective they are at utilizing the move.....Block shedding is their ability to get off blocks but it doesn't determine if your DE is a speed rusher or power rusher that is where those other two ratings come into play.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-04-2010, 12:38 AM   #24
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

Play Recognition
Man Coverage
Zone Coverage
Spectacular Catch
Catch in Traffic
Catch
Awareness

I don't think Spectacular Catch and Catch in Traffic "kick in" for defense. I think they're only for offense.

Also, I remember reading that CIT takes over for CTH when in traffic. So of a guy has 79 CTH and 90 CIT, he will become a 90 once there are people in the area.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »