Home

Deepest Madden Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Deepest Madden Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2010, 04:50 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Deepest Madden Franchise Mode

Is it wrong that I become extremely angry with EA every time I read a thread about Franchise Mode?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I would say madden 07 ps2 version. I liked how deep it was withowner mode and all that.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #11
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Is it wrong that I become extremely angry with EA every time I read a thread about Franchise Mode?
No, and yes. Franchise mode as of Madden 09 [PS3/360] was a joke. Josh Looman, who is the man responcible for Head Coach and last gen franchise mode was brought in for Madden 10 and he did a lot of work to clean up the mess that was Madden 09. Moving forward from Madden 10 Josh still has a lot of work to do to restore Madden NFL Football to it's former glory as the best franchise mode in sports gaming. the good news is he was the man that made that/those franchise modes, so he isn't trying to copy someone elses work.

So yes, it is a little wrong o get mad at EA, becasue at least they have had the right man in charge of franchise mode these last two years. However, no it isn't wrong because it is still EA's fault that franchise mode went from what it was to what it is by asking Josh Looman to make a brand new game instead of just working with Madden the entire time.

Needless to say, adembroski, Josh and I talked a lot on CD about franchise mode. I wish I could say anything, but I cannot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

so there are improvements this year?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #13
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
No, and yes. Franchise mode as of Madden 09 [PS3/360] was a joke. Josh Looman, who is the man responcible for Head Coach and last gen franchise mode was brought in for Madden 10 and he did a lot of work to clean up the mess that was Madden 09. Moving forward from Madden 10 Josh still has a lot of work to do to restore Madden NFL Football to it's former glory as the best franchise mode in sports gaming. the good news is he was the man that made that/those franchise modes, so he isn't trying to copy someone elses work.

So yes, it is a little wrong o get mad at EA, becasue at least they have had the right man in charge of franchise mode these last two years. However, no it isn't wrong because it is still EA's fault that franchise mode went from what it was to what it is by asking Josh Looman to make a brand new game instead of just working with Madden the entire time.

Needless to say, adembroski, Josh and I talked a lot on CD about franchise mode. I wish I could say anything, but I cannot.
Can you at least tell us if it will be better based on your opinion?And how much better.

Adem stated awhile back that he was more excited about NCAA than Madden(Im pretty sure thats what he said) And I know hes a Franchise guy so that has led me to think it wont be that much better.

I believe you even said something about how excited you were last year about the game but not so much this year at this time of the year????

Last edited by ZoneKIller; 06-03-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Can you at least tell us if it will be better based on your opinion?And how much better.

Adem stated awhile back that he was more excited about NCAA than Madden(Im pretty sure thats what he said) And I know hes a Franchise guy so that has led me to think it wont be that much better.

I believe you even said something about how excited you were last year about the game but not so much this year at this time of the year????
I'm sure he can't.

and I remember he said that too, but I believe it was cleared up later in the thread by him saying it was just HIS feeling, and not to read into it as some big thing.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I wish anything you would say would alleviate my feelings towards Madden/Tiburon right now but I have lost a lot of faith in how much they are really trying to improve franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I wish anything you would say would alleviate my feelings towards Madden/Tiburon right now but I have lost a lot of faith in how much they are really trying to improve franchise mode.

^This.

After last year being so exciting, and this year being so quiet with so much that still needs (not even personal wants, things that are just in the NFL that madden doesn't do) to be addressed/fixed...I'm losing hope. (que LegendKiller's optimistic response)

In my eyes, here is a list of my top 4 things that should be in Madden 11 or 12 at LATEST (Should have been in 08, but that's another topic entirely and I don't wish to start a flame war)

My Top 4 Franchise Fixes:

Future Draft Pick Trades/More Draft Day Trades/Drop 10 Pick Limit:

If you look at my Eagles even, you'll see that all of these things apply. The Eagles traded WR Reggie Brown before the 2010 Draft to the Tampa Bay Bucs in turn for a 2011 6th round pick. McNabb for a 2nd this year (Nate Allen) and a 2nd in 2011. The Eagles also ended up with 13 draft choices this year, an impossibility in Madden's to date. Head Coach had no pick limit, and it never seemed to hamper my franchise by having too many players due to correctly balancing salaries. As far as more draft day trades goes, there have been more trades in the draft in the past two years than EVER before. That is a fact (I heard Eisen say it during the draft) and it is horribly replicated in Madden. Then when there is a trade, there's little to no reaction. BRING BACK the cheers, boos, and add onto it. If the fans think your moving up was a good call, have them cheer...Vice versa.

Restricted Free Agency:

Another killer for me is the inability to sign RFAs or attempt to get compensation for the players 6 years (it was 3) or less that you don't want to keep. This year, only one RFA signed with another team (RB Mike Bell Saints to Eagles) but there was no compensation involved. I believe the lack of a CBA made this a more difficult part of the season than it would have been, but there's no reason we can't see it in the game with proper compensation/tenders.

Minicamp/Preseason/Training Camp/Expanded Roster/Practice Squad:

This is a GIANT part of the offseason. The OTAs taking place are the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. Sure, in real life there are 80+ players vying for the 80 man camp invite, but I don't expect that. After you cut your roster to 80, you could go to EITHER Madden last-gen Madden style minicamp. That is where you work on individual players skills. Then, you arrive at training camp. You can choose to either sim practices and hope for no injuries or play NCAA style practice (bring back the practice mesh jerseys though, it was a nice touch) with full team play. (contact or no contact, option 1 will provide more progression with higher injury risk, option 2 will have less progression with no injuries) Cut days would be on Saturday weeks 2 and 4 where you cut from 80 to 75 the first time, then 75 to 65. Once you reach 63 men on your team and you've completed your final week of practice and preseason (but before you begin the regular season) you cut 12 players to make the 53 man limit. Once you settle your 53, you can sign 8 players that you or other teams have cut to make your practice squad.

Phew. That was a lot. Now, one thing all that would need to work is to a) MAKE SURE THE OTHER 31 TEAMS ARE DOING THE SAME THING (to counter unfair advantage) and B) bring back position battles and preseason progression. Something to give you a reason to pay attention to who you draft or who you start, or even who your backups are. I know every player on the Eagles by name/face/college, and exactly where they are on the depth chart at the current moment. I want to have Madden NFL give me the same urge to know.

Fix Injured Reserve/Injuries:

This is inexcusable. If a player breaks his leg, and is out for the season, I should be able to sign a new player whether it be from my aforementioned practice squad or off the streets. The salary cap clearance is only half the battle. What happens if my team has a really bad year, and 12 players get hurt for extended periods of time that I don't want to risk further injury on upon return? I'm screwed, and the game would set itself ablaze in confusion. While I'm on topic, injuries need to linger. Sure, sometimes a player gets hurt and once they heal it's like nothing ever happened...but with majority of injuries there is some sort of fear factor and higher risk of recurring. Sure, if DeSean Jackson (WR) stubs his toe it shouldn't matter a week later....but if LeSean McCoy (RB) tears an ACL or gets a concussion, there's an instant chance it could happen again at any moment. Madden does not create that inner fear of constantly being ready at any moment. Even if they do tear an ACL or get a concussion, it doesn't mean it HAS to happen again. It just COULD. Injuries should also affect attributes upon return. Ever see a guy tear an ACL or get a concussion, only to come back and never be the same again? I have. It should be in the game, because I see it many, many Sundays.

That is all, if you made it this far, I owe you a cookie.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »