Home

Vote on created draft classes vs auto generated

This is a discussion on Vote on created draft classes vs auto generated within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Created draft classes or autogenerated classes
Give me the 30 new precreated draft classes which I know will only last me a month in fun 45 38.46%
Give me the auto-generated on the spot draft classes which will give me unlimited replay value. 72 61.54%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Vote on created draft classes vs auto generated

The question is loaded by the way it's worded, and therefore isn't a valid poll in my opinion.

I personally like the pre-generated draft classes, but maybe there should be more of them. I would like it to be something like it was in Head Coach 09.

Random draft classes would be better if they generated realistic players, which they often didn't.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #58
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
Agreed, if they had say, like 15-30 different premade ways that the franchise could go, all realistic, I would be in favor of it. They could also incorporate that into the premade classes, such as draft class #7 and franchise stats #14 yields a certain result.
It's a brilliant idea man. Then they could create true franchise storylines: the resurgence of a veteran QB, young QB taking over the league, star OLB challenging for the sack record, etc.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #59
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
You'll dislike this response, but that's not a bad idea! For a franchise player like myself, if that meant great balanced stats, I'd be completely in favor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
Agreed, if they had say, like 15-30 different premade ways that the franchise could go, all realistic, I would be in favor of it. They could also incorporate that into the premade classes, such as draft class #7 and franchise stats #14 yields a certain result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
It's a brilliant idea man. Then they could create true franchise storylines: the resurgence of a veteran QB, young QB taking over the league, star OLB challenging for the sack record, etc.
This wouldn't bother me either. The only real problem with this would be the games played by the User. The gameplay and A.I. would have to be at a level where the User wasn't producing widespread Outliers with respect to the rest of the League narrative.

This is a game, its about the strength of the illusion. Fudging numbers under the hood is fine to me if the outcome is visually/psychologically believable.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

They should make it that you have a choice to choose either auto generated or hand made draft classes for your franchise....That would make everything so much better
Old 06-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #61
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Your poll answer choices are just a little bit biased and leading.

You have a career as a lobbyist waiting for you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 10

yall can blast the OP all u want but im in total agreeance. the poll is very biased and can def turn off ppl as ive seen, but the point he's trying to make is legit tho. i had this same concern last yr when they brought up premade classes. i immediately said im against it as it will ruin online franch and such cuz sum idiot is gonna have it exported in a excel sheet in no time and it will be common knowledge who is beast and who isnt thus taking all the drama of finding gems and bust in online franch drafts out. and thats exactly what happened. immediately came the "in the jack english draft...so and so is a beast". this should never happen...EVER.

we can have the premade classes, but with random info for name and school and maybe even slightly alter height weight within a preset range. that way its the best of both worlds. stability and better made attributes for 30yrs, with never knowing who ur truly getting cuz theyre masked every year to kill the "draft ruiners" spreadsheets. why is this such a bad idea or have a single opposer is beyond me...
Old 06-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #63
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by unisol_us
Why complain about Madden when there are plenty of games like FoF on the market with deeper franchise. People play Madden because of the graphics and the control of the players. Just seems like you are angry.
FoF is awesome, but I like to actually play the game too. NFL HC was awesome, if they let us play the game, I'm sure I'd be still playing that game.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
. i immediately said im against it as it will ruin online franch and such cuz sum idiot is gonna have it exported in a excel sheet in no time and it will be common knowledge who is beast and who isnt thus taking all the drama of finding gems and bust in online franch drafts out. and thats exactly what happened. immediately came the "in the jack english draft...so and so is a beast". this should never happen...EVER.
What I don't get is why does it matter if someone does a Excel sheet on them ? You don't have to read it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »