Home

Madden NFL 11 Gamespot On The Spot with Donny Moore on Ratings

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Gamespot On The Spot with Donny Moore on Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2010, 02:35 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 11 Gamespot On The Spot with Donny Moore on Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
That Raiders stuff is BS. Everyone who knows anything about sports is saying that the Raiders are drastically improved at the QB position and the defense is improved with McClain replacing Morrison. The D line is improved with Houston and Bryant replacing Warren and Huff was playing very well at the end of last year at FS. The young WR's have 1 year under their belt and should be improved as well. In fact, the Raiders should be improved at all positions this year, due to an upgrade in talent or more experience(another year) at the position. Yet with all of this, we stay the same? We should be a 74 or 75 at least.

I'm not even gonna get on the Denver rating. I have no idea how they could lose Marshall and Scheffler and only drop 2 points.
But one year of experience does not nccessarily mean anything regarding out of the box ratings. Im sure DHB and D-Mac took a bit of a hit in ratings judging off of last years numbers. And that's just off the top of my head. Donny said it himself that Morrison is (and should be) rated higher than McClain at THIS point. he is an unproven commodity, but he will progress nicely in Franchise mode.

But I do agree with you that this is an improved team, even without the addition of J. Campbell (who I am not at all crazy about) and I am surprised to see them remain the same.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:45 AM   #18
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasfavres
Is it not playing for anyone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdfan76
Ya won't play for me.
Click the link. For some reason, Gamespot videos don't seem to embed properly.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...lclk;gamespace
Old 06-06-2010, 04:12 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
How do we know that? They haven't played a down and are the worst run team in the league?

And Campbell? Have Raider fans ever watched him play? You'd think they were getting a legit starting caliber NFL QB with him.
Seriously. I had to put up with Campbell and his game losing decisions all year long. Let's not forget his last pass as a Washington Redskin, a pass thrown out of bound on 4th down against the 2nd string San Diego Chargers.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:28 AM   #20
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Gotta give Donny props. He really knows the teams. He's spouting that stuff off the fly, even throwing in new pick ups. A lot of us know a team or two, maybe more for those who play fantasy football, but Donny seems to have a real good grasp of the entire league. Looks like EA got a really good hire there in Donny.
If you were paying me 60k a year, or however much he makes, I'd sure as heck know everything about the NFL too.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:31 AM   #21
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
If you were paying me 60k a year, or however much he makes, I'd sure as heck know everything about the NFL too.
I am sure he makes more than 60k a year. That's chump change in software development, particularly in the state of Ca.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #22
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
That Raiders stuff is BS. Everyone who knows anything about sports is saying that the Raiders are drastically improved at the QB position and the defense is improved with McClain replacing Morrison. The D line is improved with Houston and Bryant replacing Warren and Huff was playing very well at the end of last year at FS. The young WR's have 1 year under their belt and should be improved as well. In fact, the Raiders should be improved at all positions this year, due to an upgrade in talent or more experience(another year) at the position. Yet with all of this, we stay the same? We should be a 74 or 75 at least.

I'm not even gonna get on the Denver rating. I have no idea how they could lose Marshall and Scheffler and only drop 2 points.
Without knowing 'how' they calculate the ratings, it's kind of hard to say whether the ratings are, or are not, correct. Until I see something that explains how they calculate them, it's impossible to say whether the ratings are on or off. Donny did say they tweaked the formula a little this year, but no clue 'what' they means.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

You shouldn't even care. If history proves correct the Raiders will still be a top 5 team in Madden. They always have been regardless of their rating.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #24
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
You shouldn't even care. If history proves correct the Raiders will still be a top 5 team in Madden. They always have been regardless of their rating.
Really? Are you referring to online play? I guess that's why Donny said they were a good video game team due to the speed issue. It will be interesting to see if that's still the case with acceleration / agility now having an impact on movement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »