Home

Looks like Progression is pre determined

This is a discussion on Looks like Progression is pre determined within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Looks like Progression is pre determined

Well I just watched the vid on Gamespot where they interviewed Donny Moore about the ratings.

And he mentioned this McLain guy for the Raiders. He said "Everybody grab that guy, in your franchise modes, he's gonna progress very nicely."

Well nice too know it's pre determined.

Progression is something high on my list that I like to be good in my sports games. I can't stand the past 3 editions on next gen with progression being pre determined.

You go start 10 franchises and simulate each to the off season and watch identical progression each season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 06:11 AM   #2
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Looks like Progression is pre determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
Well I just watched the vid on Gamespot where they interviewed Donny Moore about the ratings.

And he mentioned this McLain guy for the Raiders. He said "Everybody grab that guy, in your franchise modes, he's gonna progress very nicely."

Progression is something high on my list that I like to be good in my sports games. I can't stand the past 3 editions on next gen with progression being pre determined.

You go start 10 franchises and simulate each to the off season and watch identical progression each season.
well i guess its all starting to come out about franchise mode lil by lil. Guess if progression is still the same then we didnt get TRAINING CAMPS
Old 06-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #3
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078

That doesn't mean it's predetermined. That may just mean that it's easy for him to progress. Some guys in my franchise progress regardless and some guys have to have a good season. For instance, I play with the Raiders and DHB progressed a lot after my first season. He progressed so much that he was my no. 2. receiver even after the other 2 had progressed significantly. After that next season(season 2), I was waaaay over the salary cap( tried to purge the team in the offseason, but some of Oakland's contracts are way too bloated to do that), so I decided to restart the franchise and take a more conservative apporach to my purge.

This time, after season 1, DHB increased some, but was still only the 3rd highest rated WR on my roster. The difference between the 2 seasons was that DHB played more of a role in the offense the first time around. I don't remember the exact numbers off-hand, but I know he had more yards and more TD's that first time around. The second time around, I didn't really use him that much because I focused more on runnung the ball. I'm assuming the progression that he got the second time around was just the default progression that he would get regardless. That first time around I'm guessing there was some kind of bonus to his progression because he had a pretty decent season for a rookie WR. I'm sure that's the way it works in most cases, at least for young players, so I wouldn't say that it is predetermined.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:13 AM   #4
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Maybe progression is pre-determined with their love of hard coding it wouldn't surprise me but I doubt they use it for progression. I hope Josh has worked his magic on franchise this year but they might have him working more on online features this year.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

its not.

Progression follows a progression curve and fluctuates depending on performance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Max progression ability was predetermined. I think someone posted info on how it works in Fifa, and how the max progression ability could go up/down each year depending on performance. I'd like to see that implemented in Madden. Saying that a guy has a max potential just doesn't make sense. There are a ton of guys that have over achieved based on their size / expectations where a max potential never would have made sense.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Max progression ability was predetermined. I think someone posted info on how it works in Fifa, and how the max progression ability could go up/down each year depending on performance. I'd like to see that implemented in Madden. Saying that a guy has a max potential just doesn't make sense. There are a ton of guys that have over achieved based on their size / expectations where a max potential never would have made sense.
FIFA does a lot of things well.

Not long ago though, it didn't a lot of things bad (like madden). They copied PES's progression thing.

A player has a 'max' potential they can progress to each year. If they have a bad year, they don't reach it, if they have a normal year they reach it, if they have an exceptional year they surpass it.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
FIFA does a lot of things well.

Not long ago though, it didn't a lot of things bad (like madden). They copied PES's progression thing.

A player has a 'max' potential they can progress to each year. If they have a bad year, they don't reach it, if they have a normal year they reach it, if they have an exceptional year they surpass it.
If I'm reading that right, it means that their overall isn't capped then? Meaning the highest they could ever become?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »