Home

Stadium Upgrades (Medical Facility) Work?

This is a discussion on Stadium Upgrades (Medical Facility) Work? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2010, 09:28 AM   #9
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Stadium Upgrades (Medical Facility) Work?

That would be cool if they did something, but I completely upgraded my Cowboys stadium, and I couldn't tell that it did anything. I seem to recall a post from a dev saying that it didn't do anything this year. Hopefully next year it'll improve attendance and/or affect the teams ability to progress, heal, etc. It would be nice to know what each upgrade did prior to purchasing as well.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Medical part helps the players to heal faster. But I doubt the staduim upgrades affect the players all that much.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #11
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Medical part helps the players to heal faster. But I doubt the staduim upgrades affect the players all that much.
Im talking about the Stadium Upgrade titled=Medical Facility.

Quote:
I seem to recall a post from a dev saying that it didn't do anything this year
Thanks Val I trust your memory.It would be sweet if they did work.But I wonder why did they add these in the game(when they did) in the first place if they did nothing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #12
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Remember last-gen when a few Owner Mode stadium upgrades actually did work? Virtual Goal Posts, for instance, was simply amazing. The goal posts would pop out of the pylon whenever a field goal or extra point would occur. A little detail many gamers wouldn't have caught had they not applied the upgrade.

As for the Medical Facility, I don't think it's ever had any type of effect, either last-gen or from Madden 08-10 on the current generation of consoles. I think who you hire as your training staff during the offseason has the most to do with player durability and injury prevention, but even their effects are relatively meaningless (except for how much money you're spending on them, of course).
Old 06-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #13
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
As for the Medical Facility, I don't think it's ever had any type of effect, either last-gen or from Madden 08-10 on the current generation of consoles. I think who you hire as your training staff during the offseason has the most to do with player durability and injury prevention, but even their effects are relatively meaningless (except for how much money you're spending on them, of course).
I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure that in the last few versions on the ps2 before the PS3 was released, the game at least claimed that the medical facility improved the health of the players. I cant verify that it really did anything, but Im pretty sure the game claimed that it did.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 25

I dont think it does a thing...Just cosmetic.....COme to think about it, what was ever the point of stadium upgrades if they dont do anything?

Guess its sort of like player ratings...They are just THERE.

Who knows.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #15
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

I know back in the day in Owner Mode they would make the fans happy.

Your stadium had a grade of some sort.Fans would let you know by NOT coming to games leaving your pockets low on cash.Upgrade the Stadium and it would make them happy or you could just build a new stadium without having to move to a new location.

If you ran out of money and couldnt pay the bills or what not the city would warn you that if you didnt start making money(cut high paid players or win) that they would force you to sell your team and then youd have to buy a diff team.Or you could just choose to move to a new location and change your team name like the CLeveland Browns did when they moved to Baltimore to become the Ravens.

Thats my problem with Madden .There are no consequences in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »