Home

The thing I REALLY want fixed in Franchise mode is

This is a discussion on The thing I REALLY want fixed in Franchise mode is within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: The thing I REALLY want fixed in Franchise mode is

Alright, even barring players wanting 100m, if a backup player got injured and you had to sign some scrub to just meet the roster limit and play a game, 60 overalls will still demand no less than 2-3 mil. What is that?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
No offense taken but what do you mean by "gimmicky"?LOL
Im basically just saying take the scouting system from NCAA Football and mix it in with Maddens' contract signing process.Seems like it would be pretty easy to do and would add greater depth to it,IMO.
What I mean is it no way a simulation or a proper representation of Free Agency or re-signing...Just sounds like a simpler way for a means to an end...which is better than what we have but, at the end of the day "still gimmicky".
Old 06-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #19
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
What I mean is it no way a simulation or a proper representation of Free Agency or re-signing...Just sounds like a simpler way for a means to an end...which is better than what we have but, at the end of the day "still gimmicky".
If Im coming across like Im just trying to argue,let me state upfront that's not my intent.LOL

That said,how is implementing an NFL still recruitment system like this not sim or representative of real NFL free agency and resigning,in your opinion?

Just for clarification,in my OP I was saying as a substitution for salary cap for Madden 10.Now,Im talking about putting it in along with the salary cap(money and contracts) system for Madden 11 and beyond.Maybe I didnt make that part clear.LOL
Old 06-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

we need to be able to slide the scale of the money to be able to back load/front load or otherwise spread out the cap hit like in real life and make meaninful contracts happen...

edit-a recruitment style free agency would be kinda nifty...you can target guys heavily on day one and maybe not have some guys available on day 2 (like Rex Ryan showing up at Adalius Thomas' house at 12:01am to spirit him off to NJ) BUT I'd rather see other stuff like RFA and contracts being negotiable (or even performance based options thrown in there)

Last edited by maademperor; 06-07-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Player Progression for future rookies. Usually they will go up the same amount all the time even if they had an amazing or terrible season with an A potential. Progression should be based on potential and how well the player did in the previous season. A lot of the time when you draft a rookie in future drafts he starts declining no matter what once he gets around 10 or 11 years pro. Just because a player has been in the NFL for 11 years doesn't mean he should automatically go down, especially if he has had a good career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 09:20 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleguzzo
Player Progression for future rookies. Usually they will go up the same amount all the time even if they had an amazing or terrible season with an A potential. Progression should be based on potential and how well the player did in the previous season. A lot of the time when you draft a rookie in future drafts he starts declining no matter what once he gets around 10 or 11 years pro. Just because a player has been in the NFL for 11 years doesn't mean he should automatically go down, especially if he has had a good career.
That's not entirely true and fundamentally incorrect. There are some players who do excel after their 10th year (Terrel Owens, off the top of my head), but a vast majority of players start declining after year 5 or 6, regardless of their stats the year before. Some star players stand out (WRs, mostly). Some players go into slow decline (defense, QBs). Some players hit a wall (RBs). I know a video game is just a vague simulation of real life, but I thought Madden did emulate the fact that late 20s, early 30s years are not kind to any type of football player, regardless of stats (if you think Thomas Jones is going to have the same year as last you are insane).
Old 06-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
If Im coming across like Im just trying to argue,let me state upfront that's not my intent.LOL

That said,how is implementing an NFL still recruitment system like this not sim or representative of real NFL free agency and resigning,in your opinion?

Just for clarification,in my OP I was saying as a substitution for salary cap for Madden 10.Now,Im talking about putting it in along with the salary cap(money and contracts) system for Madden 11 and beyond.Maybe I didnt make that part clear.LOL
Oh no..this is a discussion not an argument. Yeah I didn't get that from your previous posts but I still am not sure i am of a fan of this idea. If implemented right it could work but i would much rather see a timer with open bidding for free agents in online franchise.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #24
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by maademperor
BUT I'd rather see other stuff like RFA and contracts being negotiable (or even performance based options thrown in there)
Awesome idea (performance bonuses), provided the "AI" "realize" that and try harder to acheive the requires stats???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »