Home

The thing I REALLY want fixed in Franchise mode is

This is a discussion on The thing I REALLY want fixed in Franchise mode is within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
The thing I REALLY want fixed in Franchise mode is

Contract negotiations. There's no reason 1st overall draft picks should be requesting 70 million and then other veterans wanting 80-100 mil, finances were so out of whack this year. And then if they signed to another team they'd take tens of millions less than what what you offered. It made playing with salary caps dumb when you'd come up on a offseason and 5 different people want 5 year 90m salaries
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: The thing I REALLY want fixed in Franchise mode is

I don't see it been so wrong. It does need a minor fixing. But most star players are going to ask for contracts like that. But once the NFL owners and the NFLPA agrees on a new contract this coming year. There will be a new rookie pay scale along with that new contract between the owners and players. But for now the contracts for star players should be about right on in the game. But I also think new contract deals should be tied in if the star players get hurt before a new contract. Then the asking price should be alot lower and all that. But it could use a little adjusting.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

IIRC in the real world what rookies are paid reflect where they are picked in the draft, but in my last draft I ended up having to pay player A about 2x more than player B, even though I picked player B one pick ahead (round 1, 32nd pick and round 2, 1st pick).
Old 06-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by raguel
IIRC in the real world what rookies are paid reflect where they are picked in the draft, but in my last draft I ended up having to pay player A about 2x more than player B, even though I picked player B one pick ahead (round 1, 32nd pick and round 2, 1st pick).
Yea that really sucks don't it. Hopefully it will be adjusted some this year. I really don't see every star getting 100 million$ contract everytime you turn around.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

The contract system was awful. It was based largely on the position of the player, so that a 77 rated veteran cornerback (with a C potential) would demand at least 2 million. Meanwhile, that same player was getting the vet minimum in the real NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

but even with the inflated numbers managing the cap is still too easy. I don't see a real problem. If they add more contract players with practice squad it would be much better.

To me the number 1 thing is roster management.

-Need 80 man expanded rosters with at least 2 cut dates
-need practice squads
-need to be able to trade future picks
-need better draft presentation
-scouting needs to be revamped.

All team building items.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Roster management and the stat engine in franchise. I just don't understand how the patch yielding 5+ 2000 yard rushers at 8.0 ypc per season ever made it past testing.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I would actually like for contract negotiations to be.............well.......a negotiation. It's pretty much, the player wants 36 mil and you either give it to him minus a few dollars or you don't. There really isn't a negotiation at all. I'd like the player to tell me what he wants and I give him a counter offer and he gives me a counter offer and so on and so on until we agree or disagree on a contract.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »