Home

Possible loophole for Used Madden 11 games?

This is a discussion on Possible loophole for Used Madden 11 games? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Possible loophole for Used Madden 11 games?

We all know now if you buy Madden 11 used, you must pay 10 dollars to go online and to play with the updated rosters. However, in another thread I discovered a possible loophole that can backfire and potentially ruin EA on the PS3. I do not own an Xbox so I do not know if it will work there.

Here is a thing from EA I grabbed from another thread, watch the bold outlines:

Do I need an unique Online Pass for every user on my console?

No.One Online Pass will give online access to multiple users logged into the console where the Online Pass was first activated (subject to the console manufacturer’s and EA online terms of service).

Also, the user that activated the Online Pass will be allowed to access online features on other consoles (of the same manufacturer) by logging into the same account credentials that they used when they enabled the Online Pass.

Does this mean, one guy who buys Madden 11 used for PS3 can give out his name for other PS3ers to add to their console and use their 'other' name (being the multiple users) to play Madden used to avoid the 10 dollar pay?

Aslong as everyone has that ONE name that activated the codes on their console, then we can all go on the 'multiple' (our) user names and play - avoiding the $10 fee?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #2
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Possible loophole for Used Madden 11 games?

MMMMM. Pretty sure that one name is supposed to be the one acount thats used to activate it.I wouldnt trust anyone wih my account.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
MMMMM. Pretty sure that one name is supposed to be the one acount thats used to activate it.I wouldnt trust anyone wih my account.
Well you're from Xbox probably, you got to pay no matter what, but for PS3 we can make names for free. I can make some name I would never use like "Spaghetti989" and activate the code or whatever. And I can play on my real user names (the mulitple user names on the console). if my friend buys Madden used, all I got to do is go to his house and load the Spaghetti989 user name onto his console and he could avoid the fee just by having that account name on his console. He wont ever have to go on the name, and neither would I if multiple users on a console do not have to pay individually.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

If you know a loophole, it's probably not a good idea to go posting it everywhere. That is how loopholes get closed.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #5
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

It's going to be tied to that account, from what I understand. So that one account will be the only account able to play Madden using it's online features. So even if you do plan to share that account, it can only be shared one at a time.

It's no loophole.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #6
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

No Im PS3.But I like to use MY account for any game.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Like any psn content the code can only be activated on a limited number of consoles from the same username.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 49

I can tell you for sure you can link it to other ps3's. I have 2 ps3's and as long as its my created username it works. Yes, you can create a username for Madden if you dont care about trophies on your main account.

Then sell it on Ebay & offer the account 4 free along with it. Might score you a extra $5
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »