Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - All About Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - All About Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #57
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - Gameplay Changes Exposed

Like what I'm seeing so far. Love this time of year.
Of course I realize it's just a game...(plus I don't have a computer programming degree like most in this thread)

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-09-2010, 08:30 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 11 Gameplay Changes Exposed - IGN Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Yea, it'll look that way until there's an engine change...they aren't redoing the animations or adding smoother transitions, so it still looks awkward to me....improved but still not there to my eyes
Hey Pacman- I couldn't agree more with you. The problem is this game is now really starting to look stale to people. I think the biggest reason is the over all look of the player models and the way they walk and run. Maybe this locomotion thing was something they had to add first before really getting into the true physics based aspects of the game.

Since we got something new to choose from finally and can import the NFL teams in a minute this may be the first year in a while I pass on Madden. I'm guessing I'm not alone on this one as well. Plus NCAA is finally looking different & better. I may get that game instead. God I love choice!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
I hate how every year they say this Madden is the best ever but then next year they show how bad it was and say this Madden is the best ever.
On the Bucs sweep the hb is about to run into the endzone and then freezes and waits for the tackle. Animations triggering does not look smooth at all.
I know, when you follow a series for a long time it starts to sound comical.

What is up with Ian's personality or lack there of lol? He seems miserable as all hell. Kinda like he wanted to focus on different things this year but got the shaft and now has to talk up stuff that he feels we aren't going to take great notice in even though it may be huge improvements. Just a thought.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
"I think that the logic of them just knowing what their assignment is, is a game changer." - Anthony Stevenson

This is the problem..THAT SHOULD ALWAYS BE THERE

Also, Ian may have hinted that they've overhauled presentation and franchise, when he was talking about gameplay. "It doesn't matter what your presentation is, it doesn't matter what your franchise is if your gameplay's not there."
Not sure how you got anything about them updating franchise out of that statement??
http://twitter.com/AndyWestond < Its amazing how boring I am..
Old 06-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #61
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i think you guys are all overreacting they have already stated that only one site is going to review the game. and E3 is where we usually get franchise info. they are obviously keeping things under wraps for a reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 16

This video is BS!!!

What "NEW" gameplay changes were exposed? They just talked about all of the features/additions from previous videos/blogs.... No new changes were in this video.

Madden 11 looks to be a minimal jump in regards to gameplay additions....
Old 06-09-2010, 09:04 AM   #63
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
"I think that the logic of them just knowing what their assignment is, is a game changer." - Anthony Stevenson

This is the problem..THAT SHOULD ALWAYS BE THERE
So, EA fixes it and... you're still mad. Because it should've always been there. It's there this year, but that isn't good enough. They can't exactly jump in a time machine and fix it in past games.

Proof positive that EA cannot win on OS. They fix something that people complain about and screw 'em, it should've always been that way.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #64
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm sorry but something as simple as a lineman knowing their assignment shouldn't even have to be mentioned. I don't often complain, either.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »