Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - All About Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - All About Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - Gameplay Changes Exposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
I'm definitely going to wait for the OS reaction once this game is out before thinking about paying it this year. I'm really not liking how much they focus conversation around "new players to Madden" every video, that has to be a very small percentage of their consumers year-to-year. Just make a game for the hardcore football fans & the money will come. I really don't get their strategy with all the catering to so-called newcomers.
If you do, you should wait until a couple weeks after its release. The first week or so tends to be the whole climax to the Madden hype "OMG, this is the best Madden ever, finally I can play a great football game!!" A few weeks later tells a VERY different story. If the past is any indication, I really don't see this year being any different.

Here's to hoping it is different this year though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #66
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
So, EA fixes it and... you're still mad. Because it should've always been there. It's there this year, but that isn't good enough. They can't exactly jump in a time machine and fix it in past games.

Proof positive that EA cannot win on OS. They fix something that people complain about and screw 'em, it should've always been that way.
Well actually they can win on OS but not in the general population.....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #67
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7
'Game play is what it's all about. If Game play is not there, doesn't matter what your presentation is, doesn't matter what your franchise mode is, if your game play isn't there... ' So interesting that he said that.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #68
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Well actually they can win on OS but not in the general population.....
yah, not with all the silly plebians, what do they know

Old 06-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #69
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
yah, not with all the silly plebians, what do they know
et tu brute?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #70
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
As always, it's the same people complaining and moaning. Nothing ever changes. If you are unhappy with the changes and you do not like what you see, DO NOT BUY THE GAME! That being said, I think the video looks great.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #71

OVR: 34

Using trailers to talk about animation changes and flow of the game is a mistake. Madden's engine simply does not have momentum down. Locomotion is trying to address this and the video does show that. In particular though, the animations in Madden that are transitional have always been very difficult to swallow.

They already spoke of addressing the catch animation where the receiver backtracks and there is a loss of yardage. That's a transitional animation from the catch animation to getting in position to run with the ball. The sweep play where blockers don't match up correctly are also transition animations, where we have seen what the one producer mentioned as "jazz hands."

But if you look at the progression of this series in the last two years, many things have been addressed with animations. Take for instance the ugly snap back tackle that happened when a runner was hit at his feet, yet it looked like he got hit in the chest (the way the tackle animated). That has been addressed. The silly leaping over a player animation at the end of a play has been toned down. Before you would see two guys leaping almost on every animation at the end of a play. "Mario-Running" has been dealt with...maybe not 100% but it has been worked on.

Right now we have things like sideline catches and DB interaction that should be addressed. Those are animations that need work on, among others. However, to use trailers, videos designed to show little flaw, is just not going to show any change. I'm still one to say scrap the Madden engine and start new, but I also have to say that the game has seen some things in the animation dept. addressed.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #72
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
I'm sorry but something as simple as a lineman knowing their assignment shouldn't even have to be mentioned. I don't often complain, either.
This is sooooo true lol. That's like saying, "This year, defenders will try to make tackles." It just sounds like something that shouldn't be really mentioned as a feature lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they fixed it, but I don't think they really should tout it as a "feature".

Last edited by splff3000; 06-09-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »