Home

Next-Gen Madden Vs Other EA Sports Games,What Happened?

This is a discussion on Next-Gen Madden Vs Other EA Sports Games,What Happened? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 12:50 AM   #9
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Next-Gen Madden Vs Other EA Sports Games,What Happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
In my HONEST opinion, and I'm not taking a shot here, the Madden devs just dont have what it takes to make a great football game. Thats just my opinion.

I honestly liked SOME THINGS in Madden 06(XBOX360) better then 2010. While 2010 obviously has more features, etc...they all feel half done. I often wonder if Madden needs to go back to 06, and start adding/fixing things with a cleaner build(meaning bare game).

Madden 06 had better graphics(besides everyone was buff, everything was better), bettter camera(awesome zoom cam, but broken route view/etc), arguably better annimations(not AS MUCH shifting, etc...

It just feels like they took a game build and just piled stuff on it year after year. Sometimes without cleaning up the old mess, etc

Madden 2010 was the best version this generation, but not by much. Just my opinion

#1 madden 10
#2Madden 07 ps3
#3 madden 06
#4 madden 08
#5 madden 09

I think they are just more "average" than anything. Going back the guys who made the first game on the 360 really jacked it up. I dont know what they did from a technical standpoint like how badly they programmed,etc. But any of us who play the game know they didn't do a good job.

It would have taken "special" people to bring it up to date and then innovate and create something never before seen. MLB the show and some other popular football games that have competed with Madden just had special people who "got it" and put out special stuff. They did it right the first time and then were able to focus on lighting and presentation and stuff we still drool over today.

Madden didn't get it right the first, second, third, or even fourth time on next gen. They have been trying to get acceptable presentation for 3 years now and I still dont anticipate it being anything greater than last years outside of commentary improvements. They obviously are not at the point of adding lighting and crazy innovative presentation yet, and by the looks of things, we might need to wait for the next gen so they can have a do over.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
Give me a break. I am so sick of hearing this. You honestly don't think the guys who work on the game try hard?? They have no pride? No self worth? You think they laugh and have another beer when the community is disappointed with something they created? DO you think that EA is not concerned with the declining sales this gen? DO you not think Madden 10 was a huge leap in the right direction?

I am so sick of reading this crap.
Competition definitely affects how the company competes, meaning the resources they allocate to a yearly development cycle, and the amount of money they invest in research and development. Whether it's declining sales or whether BackBreaker breathed some life into EA management, it's clear they have put a lot more into Madden the last couple of years compared to what happened between 06 & 09, especially from a core gameplay perspective. But you're right, it isn't just competition, it had a lot to do with the direction of the title, which wasn't headed in the direction that many football fans wanted it to go, namely simulation.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #11
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
I think they are just more "average" than anything. Going back the guys who made the first game on the 360 really jacked it up. I dont know what they did from a technical standpoint like how badly they programmed,etc. But any of us who play the game know they didn't do a good job.

It would have taken "special" people to bring it up to date and then innovate and create something never before seen. MLB the show and some other popular football games that have competed with Madden just had special people who "got it" and put out special stuff. They did it right the first time and then were able to focus on lighting and presentation and stuff we still drool over today.

Madden didn't get it right the first, second, third, or even fourth time on next gen. They have been trying to get acceptable presentation for 3 years now and I still dont anticipate it being anything greater than last years outside of commentary improvements. They obviously are not at the point of adding lighting and crazy innovative presentation yet, and by the looks of things, we might need to wait for the next gen so they can have a do over.
Sadly this ^^^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 12:55 AM   #12
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Just to let you guys know, here's what Ian said to me about it (also why is my name in that post "BigGamer09"? lol):

"It's super time-consuming to make sure all times of day in all stadiums in all weather looks good. Easy to implement, hard to tune."
Now if progressive lighting is in EAs' NCAA Football 11 with the Madden 11 gameplayupgrades and Dynasty upgrades,how can this statement be accepted as a good reason for it not being in Madden 11?
Old 06-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #13
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Maybe they're just not as talented as the other teams?
This could be a very real possibility. Madden 11 will be the first true proof of whether their technical team has the chops to deliver core gameplay and quality gameplay. I'm holding off on my view of their technical ability until I play Madden 11. It will be the measuring stick.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:59 AM   #14
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
Now if progressive lighting is in EAs' NCAA Football 11 with the Madden 11 gameplayupgrades and Dynasty upgrades,how can this statement be accepted as a good reason for it not being in Madden 11?
Depending on what else will be announced at e3 in terms of improvements they may not have had time to do it.

But we'll see I guess...
Old 06-09-2010, 01:03 AM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
They share the same studio, but don't always share the same technology. Madden had Pro-Tak last year, NCAA has it this year.

It is what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 01:06 AM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Competition definitely affects how the company competes, meaning the resources they allocate to a yearly development cycle, and the amount of money they invest in research and development. Whether it's declining sales or whether BackBreaker breathed some life into EA management, it's clear they have put a lot more into Madden the last couple of years compared to what happened between 06 & 09, especially from a core gameplay perspective. But you're right, it isn't just competition, it had a lot to do with the direction of the title, which wasn't headed in the direction that many football fans wanted it to go, namely simulation.
I think you are on point with this.

AJ had a post in here that is in someone's sig. Phil didn't sign the liscense agreement and Ian is trying to clean up what came out from 06-09. It's not going to be totally revamped overnight.

Although, people's patience are wearing thin.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »