Home

Prioritize Madden's needs

This is a discussion on Prioritize Madden's needs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Pick what you think is appropriate? (pick one for each area of the game)
Offline Franchise - needs a lot of work 76 78.35%
Presentation - needs a lot of work 38 39.18%
Gameplay - needs a lot of work 59 60.82%
Superstar - needs a lot of work 29 29.90%
Online - needs tweaking 20 20.62%
Offline Franchise - needs tweaking 10 10.31%
Presentation - needs tweaking 32 32.99%
Gameplay - needs tweaking 30 30.93%
Superstar - needs tweaking 4 4.12%
Online - needs tweaking 13 13.40%
Offline Franchise - Good enough 2 2.06%
Presentation - Good enough 5 5.15%
Gameplay - Good enough 3 3.09%
Superstar - Good enough 20 20.62%
Online - Good enough 28 28.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #17
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Prioritize Madden's needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
On the contrary, the point he's trying to prove is that more people on OS care about offline franchise, and so far, he's proving his point.

Unless that's not the point of this thread, then I am wrong.
His whole argument with TheWatcher was that OS was the majority. And OS is not the majority.

His poll can prove that a majority of OS 'cares' about offline franchise. But it still proves no point.

As large as OS is, it is not the definitive opinion of all those who play Madden.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #18
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
His whole argument with TheWatcher was that OS was the majority. And OS is not the majority.

His poll can prove that a majority of OS 'cares' about offline franchise. But it still proves no point.

As large as OS is, it is not the definitive opinion of all those who play Madden.
Then I stand corrected...
Old 06-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #19
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

It's not of any entertainment to me. I just dont understand why it's important to create this poll, again.

We all want an improved something. Arguing which is more important will never have a civil end.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
at 3:10 Ian sums up what EA's focus has been in 09, 10, and apparently 11?:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2041152656

Ian:

"If gameplay is not there then it doesn't what else you do. It does matter what your presentation is, it doesn't matter what you franchise mode is if you gameplay is not there. So, um having core blocking and locomotion like major rewrites in those areas; I can't think of any better way spend out resources and time."

Now we know what EA wants but what about their customers...

Third year and gameplay may be where EA wants it?

What about everything else?

This is a THREE HEADED MONSTER

GAMEPLAY
PRESENTATION
Your favorite mode (Offline Franchise, Online, or Superstar)

Yes, gameplay needs to be good but it needs a good MODE of play to add to it otherwise there is little point unless you are playing in a tournament.

We want a good franchise mode.

Playing one game at a time just isn't fun without some depth. Even if gameplay was perfect and presentation much improved there still needs to be a point to playing more then a single game.

There is a reason why preseason games have very little importance in the NFL. It is the seasons, playoffs, super bowl, and NFL history that matter.

Taking away the depth of Offline Franchise is like taking away the depth the history of the NFL along with the meaning of a full season on the way to the Super Bowl.

Without that it is just another game.

I really thought EA got this point last year. For all the involvement I guess they weren't really listening.
I disagree. I would MUCH rather play one game at a time, and have absolutely amazing gameplay and presentation, then horrendous gameplay and presentation but amazing franchise mode. The majority of the time in franchise is still playing the game, so it needs to be the first priority. Why would someone want to spend so much time controlling their team, when they have no fun playing the game?
Old 06-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
I disagree. I would MUCH rather play one game at a time, and have absolutely amazing gameplay and presentation, then horrendous gameplay and presentation but amazing franchise mode. The majority of the time in franchise is still playing the game, so it needs to be the first priority. Why would someone want to spend so much time controlling their team, when they have no fun playing the game?
Why is it either or?

Game play with no purpose gets boring for a lot of people. Neither should suffer. EA/Tib has had plenty of time to get both down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

How about physics? That needs added in as Backbreaker has shown. I know it could be under gameplay but I think it's big enough to warrant its own category.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #23
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Why are you here then? Games that have those features exist.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #24
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Why are you here then?
Because he has just as much right to voice his opinion, as everyone else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »