Home

What do YOU want from franchise mode?

This is a discussion on What do YOU want from franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: What do YOU want from franchise mode?

Since I'm not expecting much in terms of substantial additions/features, I would have to say I want realistic franchise stats.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #10
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Most importantly, fix IR
Would you be happy with IR fixed, and none of the rest?
--
My idea of the perfect franchise would be...

Full 80 man rosters that progress down to a 53, 8 man practice squad, roster.

With an 80 man roster, a training camp period would make it much easier to make your cuts. Maybe a set number of drills you can run with players as a form of progression. Also a practice schedule similar to what we have in Superstar mode. Capping your plays at 10 for each practice, and 2 practices a day for a week or two. Then single practices between each game in the preseason.

Pre-Season progression, then mid-season progression reports, and finally post-season progression reports.

Player roles, player morale, team morale.

Contract negotiations. Including holdouts, rookie and veteran. Training camp would offer the period needed for this.

Practice mode within franchise mode. Ala last gen versions of Madden.

Storylines from newspapers or magazines, radio/podcast clips, twitter-esque news reporting. i.e. Darrelle Revis a no show at Training Camp. Says "I am unhappy with current contract."-Adam_Schefter. Or maybe an NFL.com/ESPN.com site you can access and will generate these stories.

Draft Weekend. Day 1, Day 2, Day 3. Mel Kiper Jr. maybe?

And finally, some way to scout incoming draft prospects. I'm not exactly sure I know the best way to do it. But I definitely want it. The current scouting is kind of basic and not very rewarding.

Last edited by Tengo Juego; 06-09-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #11
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I disagree with hight/weight randomized. I think hand crafted rookies are a good call. I think the draft classes should
I can agree to that. The other stuff must be randomized. Height weight can stay put.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #12
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
I understand the importance of IR being fixed, but I don't understand how that is the #1 priority for a lot of franchise players...
No working IR means...

- Tiburon has to town down injuries because realistic injuries.
- Makes the game very "arcade" if injuries are few and far between.
- Makes depth meaningless.
- Which in turn makes scouting, drafting, free agency meaningless.
- Which gives you an upper hand financially when CPU teams are trying to fill out an entire roster and you are trying to go for 22 good players.

It's a domino effect of sadness.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #13
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

But the only differnece between a 53 man roster with an 8 player practice squad is that we don't have the practice squad. I know I fill out my roster to the max 55 man or what ever it is and almost every spot on my roster has a 3rd string player except punter and kicker which have no backups, and only 2 LE/RE each. I crank up the injury slider [Bill Harris' sliders] and haven't had a real problem with the IR.

When you write that you only have to worry about 22 good players, I would respond that line of thinking leads you down the rabbit hole of "power gaming" your franchise mode. Why go with 22 good players when your offensive and defensive linemen don't really matter in game play? Why not just go for the top skill position players?

I don't know... I just see stats and progression being bigger issues to the fun of franchise mode. IR needs work, I agree, but it doesn't kill my franchise experience as much as the lack of depth. I just get flat out bored of franchise mode. Combine that with poor gameplay/AI and I find myself putting other games in.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
and haven't had a real problem with the IR.
I've been caught with multiple injuries at the same position and had problems with IR not giving back a roster spot. The IR is just flawed. It should be fixed. I've had to release players I don't want to release just to make room for signing someone to replace an injured player.

I should be able to just place another guy on IR and either sign somebody or promote a practice squad guy.

Last edited by bucky60; 06-09-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #15
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Okay, that makes sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #16
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well I know it is a long shot. But I would love to see owner mode in this year. But since this year their main focus was on gameplay as Ian had already said on twitter earlier this year. I doubt it happened. But it would be nice to know owner mode was back on madden 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »