Home

What do YOU want from franchise mode?

This is a discussion on What do YOU want from franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: What do YOU want from franchise mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I would like to keep this thread simple instead of a detailed wishlist. I just want to know what changes/additions are most important to the other offline franchise fans here at OS.

What I want to see the most is "weekly" progression. Namely, last gen's week 5, 11, and 17 progression rather than end of year only progression. Obviously tuned properly. This will make the season feel more important and "alive" instead a serise of 16 "play now" games.

Next I would like to see Player roles and Player Moral make a return from last gen as well. This added "RPG" type depth to franchise mode and made each franchise and team feel more unique. It kept me playing deep into franchise mode long after every NFL player retired in my game.

Lastly, but just as important, I want the mode itself to be tuned more. Scouting, the draft, trades, free agency, better presentation, stats, etc.

What are you, realistically, looking for from Madden 11's franchise mode? What would make you happy?
-Weekly wrapup highlight show, with actual highlights

-Scores from other games during your games

-Selectable station breaks for highlights from other games during both the first and second half

-Highlights from other games during halftime

-Ability to select my own weather and time of day settings for the game I'm about to play

-Replacing Alex Flanagan with Reischea Candidate (legs must show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #26
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
-Weekly wrapup highlight show, with actual highlights

-Scores from other games during your games

-Selectable station breaks for highlights from other games during both the first and second half

-Highlights from other games during halftime

-Ability to select my own weather and time of day settings for the game I'm about to play

-Replacing Alex Flanagan with Reischea Candidate (legs must show)
I more with you. I want flavor, not just good stats. It would be nice to have the depth of presentation for franchise that 2k5 did.I'd like to see the Draft become a high priority for Presentation values. I like cutscenes vs. just static screens. I want everything to become more engrossing for the single player. They've gotten it where the on-field is pretty engaging, now it's time for in between the games. 2k got that, and that is one of the big reasons it became such a hit. Gameplay was pretty good, too..... BTW, I still would keep Alex....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 18

Basically what NFL Head Coach 09 was. I want the Draft to be meaningful and fun. I want scouting to really matter. I want contract negotiations to not be so easy and pointless. I want teams to have unique personalities and choose their players based on that.

EA has shown it's possible to do with NFL Head Coach. I don't expect anything of that level for a long time though, Madden's current is still behind the PS2 days.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:21 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 4

Injured reserve fixed
Practices squads
Weekly practices which effect your team's execution come game time
Better contract negotiations
Dynamic progression instead of preprogrammed progression
More stats, like avg starting field position
Better stat accuracy from the sim engine and super-sim engines
More coaching staff influence and depth. More trainers. More positional coaches.
More realistic trading...Have AI teams hit up the user if they are interested in making a trade.
Set teams up with the proper number of draft picks
Make new draft logic that allows for teams like the patriots/broncos to get extra aggressive with piling up extra draft picks.
Fix free agency. Even with a salary cap in place, the CPU auto-resigns players it can't afford.
More emphasis on player styles and roles than ratings (ala nfl2k8)...IE, if a player doesn't get many reps in practice during the week, trying to rely on him too much in the game may be a problem, unless he's just an underrated great.

Now, time for the bi-weekly *things to fix game play thread* which will be a list this long and then some.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 12

Sorry for the bad editing (cut and paste some):

Fixed IR – shouldn’t cost me a roster spot
Weekly progression OR Last gen (Once after preseason, twice per season, playoffs, and offseason)
Contract negotiation ala NFL Head Coach
Expanded rosters
A training camp and preseason that requires your roster to shrink for the regular season
Tony Bruno/Newspaper – or something like it
Player Roles
Player personalities
UFA, RFA,
Scouting that is fun

more control over contracts - bonuses/incentives,

Rosters that include a scout team

Coaches and coordinators that mean something to a players progression.

Player progression tied to the players work ethic, coaches ability to teach, playing experience, players potential, etc.

Trades that include future draft choices, and multiple player/team trades.

BETTER SIM STATS – BETTER SIM STATS – um did I say better sim stats!

Player moods,like someone else mentioned was in last-gen in another thread – THEY HAD THIS IN SUPER TECMO BOWL; I think injuries played into it some how.

Specific ranged player ratings with the range setting progression every 4 weeks and after every postseason game.Example,WR 80/OVR 95/SPD 82-88/CTH 80-86/RTE 69-75/AWR,after 4 weeks or 1 postseason game WR 82/OVR 95/SPD 85-91/CTH 84-90/RTE 71-77/AWR. THIS WAS FROM THE ORIGINAL HEAD COACH

You shouldn't run out of positions by the 5th round in the draft
Old 06-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 10

I wan the other teams to make trades, offer trades, cut players, sign players. One the biggest problems i have of enjoying a long franchise is that i feel that only my team exists the other teams barley make any moves ( other then filling their rosters before preseason)
Old 06-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by king525
I wan the other teams to make trades, offer trades, cut players, sign players. One the biggest problems i have of enjoying a long franchise is that i feel that only my team exists the other teams barley make any moves ( other then filling their rosters before preseason)
This is a good point
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 01:20 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I more with you. I want flavor, not just good stats. It would be nice to have the depth of presentation for franchise that 2k5 did.I'd like to see the Draft become a high priority for Presentation values. I like cutscenes vs. just static screens. I want everything to become more engrossing for the single player. They've gotten it where the on-field is pretty engaging, now it's time for in between the games. 2k got that, and that is one of the big reasons it became such a hit. Gameplay was pretty good, too..... BTW, I still would keep Alex....
Yeah, I want to be entertained. That's the one reason why I can't get into franchise with Madden. It's boring to me. With 2K5's, I just felt like I was part of a real living league with the highlight shows and key player spotlights. It made me want to play each week and keep up on what was happening across the league.

P.S. How about this... we can keep Alex, but can we at least replace Fran with Reischea? I'll even settle for Sage Steele... C'mon, work with me here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »