Home

Brett Farve ....

This is a discussion on Brett Farve .... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2010, 01:50 AM   #41
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Brett Farve ....

No player deserves over 95 rating overall. Or in any other category for that matter. Guess i'm too used to FIFA"s stretched ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 03:29 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

I wish I could get into soccer. I would dig that variance in ratings.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 49

Some obvious Favre haters here. 4th-5th best QB currently in the NFL

Manning 99
Brady 98
Brees 97
Rivers 92
Favre 90
Romo 89-90
Rogers 89
Mcnabb 88
Big ben 87-88

Yes, theres a lot of 90's QB's there, but lets face it, all these guys are great. Yes favre and romo have been known to "choke" if you call it that, but there still great QB's. Favre had a great season, its hard not to give him at least a 90. He actually did well in the playoffs also, just one bad play that came at the end. Thats just the nature of being a QB. One QB has to loose, and the blame will usually go to the QB.

Last edited by wheelman990; 06-15-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Some obvious Favre haters here.
Not a *****, a fan, just a realistic fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
He actually did well in the playoffs also, just one bad play that came at the end. Thats just the nature of being a QB. One QB has to loose, and the blame will usually go to the QB.
"bad play at the end" is something he has consistently done in the playoffs over the past decade. That becomes a pattern, not just ONE PLAY.

One QB has to lose, but when one QB consistently ends a teams chance to win at the end of playoff games, that HAS to be considered as a large part of there entire body of work.

AGAIN......
Brett Favre - greatest regular season QB of all time, average playoff QB.

Bart Starr was MUCH better in the playoffs.

Sorry to disappoint, but that's not hating.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #45
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Why does everyone act like Favre lost the Vikings that game?!? The Vikings weren't in FG range on that last play of regulation, and they weren't going to get into FG range on an average run. They were in a passing situation. they needed to put the ball in Favre's hands. the pick wasn't even a Pick 6. It didn't set up the game winning FG, the game went to overtime.The outcome of the game would have been NO different if he threw an incompletion. He didn't make a miracle "Bret Favre play." OH NOOOSSS!!!Favre cost the Packers with his pick against the Giants a few years ago, but that's not what we are talking about.Favre is a gun sliger, he is tough as nails, and is just flat out fun to watch play, even when he is beating your team. Watchin the 49ers/Vikings game in the regular season is a reminder why I love football. I hate that happened to my team, but that was an amazing game. Also, the 49ers knew that a change had to be made... you can't go 0/11 on 3rd down and expect to win.Anyway, back on topic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 03:00 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Why does everyone act like Favre lost the Vikings that game?!?.
Favre didn't lose the game, a team loses. He didn't lose the NFCC NYG's game, or the Philly playoff game, or many of the others. But he consistently ends his teams chance to win those games with horrible decision making and bad passes. He's done this consistently in the playoffs over the last decade. Starr NEVER DID. For Brett it's become a pattern.

You can say what you want, but:
Brett Greatest Regular Season QB of all time, average Playoff QB.
Starr Above Average Regular Season QB, Phenomenal Playoff QB.

Starr >>>> Favre.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I think one of the main reasons is his age. Plus he has alot of talent around him to make him look good. I doubt he would of look as good if he didn't have all that talent around him. But age is one of the main factors in that.
Favre makes the team around him better. That is the real answer. Sidney Rice had a career year because of Favre, not the other way around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »