Home

Are the animations and Tackles getting old to you?

This is a discussion on Are the animations and Tackles getting old to you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Are the animations and Tackles getting old to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Madden just fails at recreating the NFL on-the-field intensity.
Agreed... Especially in the trenches.

Later
Old 06-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9

So tired of itttttttttt. Especially that "trip up" tackle from behind. I heard from an outside source that animation has been fixed so it doesn't happen nearly as often.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

the mid air tackle & both the defender & receiver fall straight down...worst football animation ever! there was no reason it should've made it in the game & further more lasted more than one Madden game.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #20
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

The animations are beyond old, but I would think that even if they didn't repeat so much. I think they are beyond old because a lot of them just aren't flat out done well.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 28

That trip up from behind is one of the worst along with the mid air tackle by defensive backs. That one from behind has been in since Madden 2001. We used to call it the shotgun tackle, because the guy looks like he got shot in the back by a shotgun. It takes about 3 games to see every animation in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #22
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
That trip up from behind is one of the worst along with the mid air tackle by defensive backs. That one from behind has been in since Madden 2001. We used to call it the shotgun tackle, because the guy looks like he got shot in the back by a shotgun. It takes about 3 games to see every animation in Madden.

It's not the amount of animations though I think, I just think it's because they trigger at the wrong times and are not done all that well in general.

2K doesn't have an infinite number of animations either. It's just that they are done much better and they trigger at the right times.

In Madden you can lay the wood on someone head on and the tackle animation that plays out won't necessarily take into consideration the situation and could just as easily play an inappropriate animation for that situation as it could an appropriate one. That doesn't happen in 2K. The result always seems to make sense when you look at the factors leading up to that result. In Madden... not so much.

Madden has a ton of animations. I'd bet it has more than 2K if you could see the numbers. It's just that the logic that governs when an animation triggers is just not all that logical. I think that is the biggest problem
Old 06-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #23
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple28Pedestrian
I didn't know you were older than 20?
Yea I'm 32 bro. I started playing madden in 1992. Since then I've enjoyed every since for the most part.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #24
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

The only thing in madden that has bother me in 20 years. Would be that lame duck animation in madden 10. It happens way way to much when the QB even get hit slightly when throwing. The lame duck throw was way over done also along with the shoe string tackle. If they fix those animations. Then madden 11 should be fine. But for the most part of the 20 years I have played madden. The same animations have not bother me at all. It gets boring once in a while seeing it over and over if I play madden way to much. But other then that I'm fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »