Home

Are the animations and Tackles getting old to you?

This is a discussion on Are the animations and Tackles getting old to you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Are the animations and Tackles getting old to you?

Honestly I can't believe this is where Madden is at in 2010. Look at the other games coming out nowadays: RDR, Mass Effect 2, Uncharted 2, Batman AA, The Show, etc etc etc. These games reek of excellence in nearly every area. Now look at Madden, a game I played for easily hundreds of hours in the PS2 days, it looks absolutely HORRIBLE. The graphics look good but the player models (shape-wise) look bad and good god does it look hideous in motion. 5 years ago I would fantasize about how amazing Madden was going to be on the next-gen consoles and beyond, how it would be hard to tell I whether I was watching a real game or playing a video game, little did I know 5 years later the game would actually look MORE robotic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #26
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows
Honestly I can't believe this is where Madden is at in 2010. Look at the other games coming out nowadays: RDR, Mass Effect 2, Uncharted 2, Batman AA, The Show, etc etc etc. These games reek of excellence in nearly every area. Now look at Madden, a game I played for easily hundreds of hours in the PS2 days, it looks absolutely HORRIBLE. The graphics look good but the player models (shape-wise) look bad and good god does it look hideous in motion. 5 years ago I would fantasize about how amazing Madden was going to be on the next-gen consoles and beyond, how it would be hard to tell I whether I was watching a real game or playing a video game, little did I know 5 years later the game would actually look MORE robotic.
Well bro opinions very I guess. But games you listed in this post is not real. Madden is trying to look real as possible. It's very hard to make a game look as real as life counter parts. EA try their best. But to many people expect perfection from EA on madden to make it look almost life like. Which will not happen no time soon. I think Madden on the next Gen. has looked better and better every year. I know everyone will not be happy. Who is to be quite honest. Take it what it is worth. You either love madden are just plain hate it all together. Madden is never going to be perfect. There is always going to be people who are never going to be happy neither. It's the way the world is. At the end of the day I'm still reminded that madden is still just a game to have fun with.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #27
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Not really.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #28
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Well bro opinions very I guess. But games you listed in this post is not real. Madden is trying to look real as possible. It's very hard to make a game look as real as life counter parts. EA try their best. But to many people expect perfection from EA on madden to make it look almost life like. Which will not happen no time soon. I think Madden on the next Gen. has looked better and better every year. I know everyone will not be happy. Who is to be quite honest. Take it what it is worth. You either love madden are just plain hate it all together. Madden is never going to be perfect. There is always going to be people who are never going to be happy neither. It's the way the world is. At the end of the day I'm still reminded that madden is still just a game to have fun with.

I don't remember anyone mentioning anything about perfect.

I get that you love Madden as is, but there are games, not only this gen, but on last gen, across different genres, not just sports or football, where you see characters animate and it looks extremely similar to the way that a human actually moves in real life. If I look at my character in Red Dead just walking, it's almost eerie. Characters in Madden animate like characters. Not realistic. God of War is a great series but the way Kratos runs doesn't look like a real person running. Players in Madden run much more like Kratos than they do John Marston.

No one is asking for perfection. Just competence. Put 2K5 or 2K8 on broadcast cam and watch the the game play and tell me the difference between how that game animates and Madden does isn't night and day. If it's been done already, how could people possibly be asking too much?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

^I agree with both that it is opinion on what you see..but I agree more with ONLY1LT im not tryin to bash EAs product but I see more life in 2ks games. At times it really does look like your watching a real brodcast and not simply because presentation.

My problem with maddens animations is how they trigger..what did it for me is when Id initiate a spin move yet get suctioned back in for the tackle it looks awkward and ruins the game for me I remember back in madden 2001 for 64 once I did a juke or spin I never got motionshifted back to the defender.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:37 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 7

After playing Back Breaker I dont know if I can play Madden anymore unless they use the animation engine BB has. No canned animations make such a big difference and it does not rely on cpu ai they just play naturally, its a breath of fresh air. With that being said im not going to buy BB, I may just take a break from football games until they come out with one worth purchasing.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:50 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 21

PantherBeast

sports games like MLB The Show look and animate realistic.......as well as Pro Evolution Soccer, NBA2k........and then there is EA's own NHL series, as well as FIFA....all these games look and move realistic....

its not about expecting perfection...more so, not accepting mediocrity. Especially when there are other sports games that show it is possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 02:26 AM   #32
Banned

Dax(FlowLyfe)'s Arena

OVR: 4

When i played coop with my friend and he was receiving. I saw like 5 or 6 animations of catching i had never seen before such as cutting back at mid feild from a slant and getting a foot plant catch, turn around spinning catches.. ect.

I was like why the hell dont i see these more often outside of coop. I know you have to have a receiver in a specific position to trigger them, but outside of coop with a friend doing them normal play never ever puts receivers in position to trigger them.

There are so many animations lost in trigger code that never works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »