Home

Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each?

This is a discussion on Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each?
yes 42 76.36%
no 13 23.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2010, 12:01 AM   #17
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
You do "get this idea", your post clearly describes what I'm talking about! LOL
That would be the benefit, IMO.

Ok, that's cool if you just like the management side of franchise and not PLAYING the actual games. However, for those of us that want the best of both worlds NOW and not sometime in the future, this would be a quick fix.
I/We did play games in Head Coach. It's Coach Mode. I play the same way in Madden right now.

I see what your goal is, but I don't see the reason to separate this into two games. Madden's franchise mode needs the depth of Head Coach (plus more) as an option. That effort should get as many resources as possible over the next year or two and I don't personally see the point in wasting development resources on an interim solution unless it was a very low cost solution.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:03 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
You do "get this idea", your post clearly describes what I'm talking about! LOL
That would be the benefit, IMO.
not to me, that would get old real quick I'm going to have to vote no
Old 12-13-2010, 12:14 AM   #19
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I/We did play games in Head Coach. It's Coach Mode. I play the same way in Madden right now.

I see what your goal is, but I don't see the reason to separate this into two games. Madden's franchise mode needs the depth of Head Coach (plus more) as an option. That effort should get as many resources as possible over the next year or two and I don't personally see the point in wasting development resources on an interim solution unless it was a very low cost solution.
I agree, this idea would not beneficial for you because you play "coach mode' style. However, part of the reason I'm for the idea is that I hope it is something that would require minimal resources. We can already transfer draft rosters from NCAA Football to Madden, so I'm hoping they could use a similar technique for this.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:49 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 16

This is interesting thought. It would get annoying switching between the two discs, but worth doing, especially since you do it just once a season. TLC, what about the week-to-week things, like newspaper articles and extra point? Also, I'm thinking they should set the price at $60 each or both for $100.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:31 AM   #21
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I have no problem with one disk being the game and team manager and a second disk to actually play the game.

I would gladly go back and forth if meant I could have this kind of depth available.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
This is interesting thought. It would get annoying switching between the two discs, but worth doing, especially since you do it just once a season. TLC, what about the week-to-week things, like newspaper articles and extra point? Also, I'm thinking they should set the price at $60 each or both for $100.
I don't think the Madden NFL 09 Anniversary Collector's Edition (that came with Head Coach 09 and SNES & PS1 versions of Madden w/ updated rosters for that year) even retailed for $100. It went for $90 if I remember correctly. $100 for both is a lot considering $90 was a lot for the 09 CE. If a two game set were a possibility, then I would say $75-80 is more of a fair price point.

I'm with others that think the features of HC09 should be put into Madden itself, whether it be as a "Head Coach Mode" or integrated into the Franchise mode.

Unfortunately, HC has just a limited/niche appeal and many of those who enjoyed the game reside on these OS forums. I would think the hopes of a new standalone retail or downloadable release are slim to none. Integration of features from HC into Madden seems like the most likely possibility. It wouldn't surprise me if those came into fruition since the Madden team has not improved franchise mode much since transitioning into nextgen. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if these features never get put into Madden.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2010, 12:59 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 8

I'm the one that suggested that Franchise deserves it's own title and I stand by my statement. TLC may have wanted to tear me a new one when he initially read the post because of my brashness. I'm an abrasive guy who doesn't sugar coat his opinions - but it's all good.

Personally, I share a common bond with all Madden players who compete head-to-head. I want Madden to be the best head-to-head NFL football game and feel my constituents feel the same. I feel it has been for more than two decades. I also feel that development of the head-to-head side lags because of Franchise and vice versa.

Franchise, to me, is simply wasted space on the disk. I never use it and haven't since Madden 2000. Even when I was playing Franchise, it was boring. But that's my opinion... Others may never use Online Team Play, Superstar, or the Mini-Games which would amount to wasted space on their own disks.

To my friends that play Franchise, my statement that Franchise should be developed as a separate title wasn't to disparage the mode. The fact that I don't play it doesn't mean Franchise doesn't have visible merit. I simply do not feel it can get the development time it deserves while it shares space on the Madden disk.

When I played Head Coach '09 at CD day in May 2008, I thought the platform was ideal for development of a stand alone Franchise game where players call the game, but don't control the action. It's also ideal for Superstar modes for players that choose to play - limiting them to a single player. Pretty much all the ideas I think are horrible for Madden would be ideal for a Franchise game...

Basically, Madden is getting too many modes and it's time for a Franchise spin-off. Right now, failing to make major updates to any mode runs the risk of alienating the communities drawn to that mode. There are some things I GOTTA have next year, but I'll be highly upset if I learn that Franchise is getting an overhaul and the stuff I want doesn't make the cut. Same for Franchise guys if the stuff I want gets in and theirs doesn't make the cut...

the only legitimate solution is development of two games... Madden sales might slip as the Franchise guys gravitate to the new title. SO WHAT... Head-to-Head will finally be able to get the coverage adjustments we've been asking for.

Making data transferable would just make it gravy.

I'll still be getting the H2H version...

Later
Old 12-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #24
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
I think you are thinking too much about the simplicity of the current franchise mode in Madden. Switching the rosters week to week or once a season, may not be as tedious as some people think because HC has so much depth. Preparation for the games week to week using HC would be so immersive, you could spend a considerable amount of time there before transferring back to Madden to play your actual games. This would add a true feeling of accomplishment, for wins, or frustration, for losses, from investing so much time and effort into EACH game's preparation. Also, doing the offseason in HC would double down on what I just said.

The weekly presentation stuff would still to be watched on the Madden disc. I'm thinking, load all the rosters(including free agents) from Madden over to HC, handle all your weekly team management and prep in HC, transfer all the rosters back to Madden for the games, watch the highlight shows, check stat leaders, etc and repeat.

As far as price goes, I don't know. Guess it would depend on how much work this would take. If this can be added in with a patch, they could just do that and let people purchase HC 09. If not, then what you or said makes sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I'm the one that suggested that Franchise deserves it's own title and I stand by my statement. TLC may have wanted to tear me a new one when he initially read the post because of my brashness. I'm an abrasive guy who doesn't sugar coat his opinions - but it's all good.......

Making data transferable would just make it gravy.

I'll still be getting the H2H version...

Later
It is not your brashness that gets to me, it is the narcissistic way I think your post come across. You say EA should make a separate game for franchise and just make Madden for H2H games, as if to suggest H2H is Madden in its' purist form. Madden is supposed to be a representation of the ENTIRE NFL not JUST the parts you, I or anybody else likes the best. If you want a separate game that focuses just on H2H gameplay, that's cool but to suggest Madden should drop everything else and become that game is unreasonably selfish, IMO. EA is going to continue adding what they see fit into Madden every year and that's cool with me. I just want a possible and hopefully small resource consuming way, to enjoy the gameplay of Madden with the team management of HC 09.

Also, to everyone that says this or that would be a better way, like adding HC features to Madden itself, I agree with most of what you guys are saying. That said, what's better is not always possible. In this case, the devs have already said they can NOT integrate everything over from HC into Madden and what they can integrate, will take an extended time period. I am not claiming this is the best solution, I am just trying to find out if it is a possible one. This is not some wishlist I am trying to give, I really want to know is there a way to make rosters transferable between these two EA games. I think it maybe possible because we can already do this, in a limited form, with transferring the NCAA Football draft classes into Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »