Home

Is the Highlight Show getting fixed? Or remains as-is?

This is a discussion on Is the Highlight Show getting fixed? Or remains as-is? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Is the Highlight Show getting fixed? Or remains as-is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
Wrong.

That line of thinking is what got us Madden 06 - Madden 09. The worst stretch in the franchises history.
No, EA catering to all of the bell and whistles, things that have nothing to do with what happens on the field, is what got us Madden 06-09. The shinier helmets, 3-D grass, animated hand towels, refs on the field all have nothing to do with the game-play.

The nuts and bolts have to be ironed out before improving something that you can simply button through.

Would you rather have ratings that matter, other than speed, or a superb halftime show ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #26
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketRocket
No, EA catering to all of the bell and whistles, things that have nothing to do with what happens on the field, is what got us Madden 06-09. The shinier helmets, 3-D grass, animated hand towels, refs on the field all have nothing to do with the game-play.

The nuts and bolts have to be ironed out before improving something that you can simply button through.

Would you rather have ratings that matter, other than speed, or a superb halftime show ?
What's wrong with having both good gameplay AND presentation (which is what btw what they are focusing on).

I mean, I just don't get the ones that say that presentation shouldn't be a focus when other sports games this gen are a decent amount ahead of Madden in terms of it.

Good gameplay only goes so far in sports games... it's the presentation that brings everything together.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketRocket

Well, if you want to get into the gameplay, I want them to dump the entire canned-animation engine and implement a brand-new physics-based engine.

I'll take that and they can scrap all the other nonsense they work on every year, like colored cleats and SUperstar mode.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
What's wrong with having both good gameplay AND presentation (which is what btw what they are focusing on).

I mean, I just don't get the ones that say that presentation shouldn't be a focus when other sports games this gen are a decent amount ahead of Madden in terms of it.

Good gameplay only goes so far in sports games... it's the presentation that brings everything together.
Nothing is wrong with having both;however, we haven't got either of them as of yet. I don't think it's realistic to expect them to be able deliver both in one cycle.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #29
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I wouldn't call it a insult. I think aside from some glitches and bugs in the presentation. I thought presentation for it's first time been in madden last year looked good. What do you expect for it's first year. I know it ain't up to where 2k5 presentation is right now. But last year was a start. I'm sure it will be even better this year coming. I can't wait to see.
So we had to wait 6yrs into next-gen for "a start"....for features that a game from last gen already mastered????

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »