Home

Ratings HIDDEN until after PreSeason

This is a discussion on Ratings HIDDEN until after PreSeason within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Ratings HIDDEN until after PreSeason

How many of us actually play the pre-season? I know I don't, I usually simulate but if the ratings are all "?" HIDDEN, it would make it a lot funner to play. We can evaluate our team and see if this guy is really worth to stay on the team. Even rookies you drafted, you wont know there ratings. Just like in the real NFL.

Example:
That 85 overall WR you were using last year, kicking butts and taking names isn't playing like he did last year during the preseason, hes dropping a lot of passes and just not being productive. Well, when the pre-seasons over, his rating his revealed and he happens to degress to a 71! It will be very suspenseful in making roster cuts based on how we feel about players when controlling them.

Also should be like this for the Rookies and Free Agency. We always look for the highest rated FA, well this should be hidden aswell as other teams bidding on that player. Yeah, we might know big names like Marvin Harrison, Terrell Owens who are in the 80s overall but even the little players, the fillers - you would have to look at their statistics to get a general sense of their productiveness on the field. Even a little Scouting Report like MLB 2K10's Inside Edge could be used to determine his specialty if hes a run blocker, pass blocker, whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 51
Re: Ratings HIDDEN until after PreSeason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenBalla
How many of us actually play the pre-season? I know I don't, I usually simulate but if the ratings are all "?" HIDDEN, it would make it a lot funner to play. We can evaluate our team and see if this guy is really worth to stay on the team. Even rookies you drafted, you wont know there ratings. Just like in the real NFL.

Example:
That 85 overall WR you were using last year, kicking butts and taking names isn't playing like he did last year during the preseason, hes dropping a lot of passes and just not being productive. Well, when the pre-seasons over, his rating his revealed and he happens to degress to a 71! It will be very suspenseful in making roster cuts based on how we feel about players when controlling them.

Also should be like this for the Rookies and Free Agency. We always look for the highest rated FA, well this should be hidden aswell as other teams bidding on that player. Yeah, we might know big names like Marvin Harrison, Terrell Owens who are in the 80s overall but even the little players, the fillers - you would have to look at their statistics to get a general sense of their productiveness on the field. Even a little Scouting Report like MLB 2K10's Inside Edge.
Good idea, I like it. Something like this is a must. If they added this, 103 man rosters, practice squad, and restricted tenders, and the ability to switch teams I would be happy for life for franhcise.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
Banned

This would be top notch gridiron football to the fullest. Actually gives a meaning to play in the preseason and use your backup players and decide who stays and who goes.

"Man, I am liking this guy Aaron Austin, I can complete a lot of passes with him but Joey Wilson just doesn't have the arm for my offense." So you would cut Joey Wilson and keep Aaron Austin cause you play better with him. And while you're doing this, you have no idea what their overall rating is!

After you cut Wilson and keep Austin when you have to cut down your 52 man roster for the season, you find out Austin was a 64 overall and Wilson was rated 47!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

85 to a 71? Sounds like some flawed progression/regression.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
85 to a 71? Sounds like some flawed progression/regression.
It was used as an example
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

I'm not sure why this is an idea. Theres nothing wrong with the way we evaluate who we'll keep on our team as it is. It's not broken, dont fix it. Player potential is probably the real area in need of revising or tweaking.

I for one, do play the pre-season games. Always have.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I'm not sure why this is an idea. Theres nothing wrong with the way we evaluate who we'll keep on our team as it is. It's not broken, dont fix it. Player potential is probably the real area in need of revising or tweaking.

I for one, do play the pre-season games. Always have.
You mean evaluate them by looking at their ratings. How is that fun? Would be nice to inject some mystery in the players you sign. No one said it was broken. Its just a different way to make pre-season something more .
Old 06-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #8
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
You mean evaluate them by looking at their ratings. How is that fun? Would be nice to inject some mystery in the players you sign. No one said it was broken. Its just a different way to make pre-season something more .
Well, if you only simulate the pre-season. Then just looking at the ratings isn't fun. But that's not all I do in the pre-season. And not every player can be evaluated by just a number. Some players play better than their overall, and other's don't play to what you'd expect from their overall.

Hiding the ratings for rookies might work. But how are you going to hide free agent ratings? You're just going to hide those ratings so you dont know what you're getting? And only hide them in the pre-season? I don't see the point. Teams have an idea of what they're going after when acquiring a free agent. It's not a blind date.

If I'm looking to sign an OLB for my 3-4, I need to know a little about that guy before I commit to signing him to any kind of contract, and that's how Madden works. If you want a player, you have to sign him. And Madden doesn't really provide all said info to you. If it's a big name player, sure you'll know. But for anyone else, you're going to have to provide a lot of info for me to want to even take a risk on him. And how will Madden do that?

It's a lot more complicated than just "hiding the ratings." It would take some reconstruction of a few things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »