Home

Madden 11 to scout your games — and sell others the reports

This is a discussion on Madden 11 to scout your games — and sell others the reports within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #9
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden 11 to scout your games — and sell others the reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
But if they do change it up just to avoid being scouted, they're probably not going to be able to run up the score as easily - and we all know there's a bunch of ranked players who will simply not give that up - they just want to score as many points as possible.
that's the point if you can't outsmart someone and can only play the same and not switch it up then your most likely going to lose.

And thats what you call football. welcome to 2010
Old 06-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
But if they do change it up just to avoid being scouted, they're probably not going to be able to run up the score as easily - and we all know there's a bunch of ranked players who will simply not give that up - they just want to score as many points as possible.
Well it all depends on how good that person is when changing gameplan to avoid been scouted.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:58 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 10

This place moves too fast for madden news.
I have to buy my own scouting report?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 01:09 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't really like this feature. It's totally not a money grab /sarcasm. It will make people change it up though.

Madden to me isn't supposed to be like this. You shouldn't know all the plays or whichever area he likes to throw or run to.. I know they study tape in high school/college/NFL, but I've always liked that in Madden, there was always an element of surprise. You could whip something out that is totally insane, and your opponent would have no idea what you just did. I don't think this element of surprise is totally gone, but it is limited if they tell you what part of the field I like to throw/run to on 3rd and 5 or 2nd and 7..
Old 06-11-2010, 02:16 AM   #13
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangkiki
I don't really like this feature. It's totally not a money grab /sarcasm. It will make people change it up though.

Madden to me isn't supposed to be like this. You shouldn't know all the plays or whichever area he likes to throw or run to.. I know they study tape in high school/college/NFL, but I've always liked that in Madden, there was always an element of surprise. You could whip something out that is totally insane, and your opponent would have no idea what you just did. I don't think this element of surprise is totally gone, but it is limited if they tell you what part of the field I like to throw/run to on 3rd and 5 or 2nd and 7..
I would rather the game be more realistic. Moreover, I like the idea of having a rivalry with someone you know inside and out. It makes each game more epic, and it adds to sportsmanship, and generally makes the experience better.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:27 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm not sure how realistic this. In the NFL, I thought you get game tape. You should get some sort of game tape in Madden to make it realistic. I don't like the scouting idea either way.

lol I remember in high school that we would scout our opponents. We would watch film on our opponents in the morning. 4 hours a week. Some team had an unbalanced line formation that they liked to run. We called it the Bobtail or Bobcat or something.. We had to practice the way we lined up vs. the formation they ran.

High school was only a year ago btw.. I made it seem like I was 40 years old lol. This was in Texas.. Do other high schools do this? Football is king here of course.

Last edited by wangtangkiki; 06-11-2010 at 03:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »