Home

Madden 11 vs. Madden 10

This is a discussion on Madden 11 vs. Madden 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 11 vs. Madden 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
What I find so funny about the end of your post is your reasoning. "I have more fun playing Madden than any other game. PERIOD." Yet in a few other threads you talk about how you never even played 2k games and have "no interest in them." Yes, i am sure you do have fun playing madden than any other football game, becasue you only play Madden. I am also the smartest man in the room right now [for the slow people, I am the only person in the room right now.] It's not so much that I want to pick on you TNT, but it's the same mind set with a lot of Madden fans. They prefer to wear blinders.
From one Panther fan to another, I think you should give NFL 2K5 a shot. The game play is different, and it will be a hard game at first because you're too integrated with Madden's game play... but once you get the hang out it, you will have a lot of fun mark my words. Play it for a week and if you do not have fun, I will buy you Madden 11.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenBalla
From one Panther fan to another, I think you should give NFL 2K5 a shot. The game play is different, and it will be a hard game at first because you're too integrated with Madden's game play... but once you get the hang out it, you will have a lot of fun mark my words. Play it for a week and if you do not have fun, I will buy you Madden 11.
I didn't realize how good 2k5 was until about '07 I had played it once or twice before then but didn't really give it a chance. I actually kinda regret not enjoying it during it's time.

But Madden 10 was the first Madden I felt & saw the Madden team really doing right on next gen consoles, and also the first Madden I bought & kept on next gen. I was excited about it during this time last year, but this year is the first time I've had NO enthusiasm or excitement whatsoever for Madden. There's literally no feature additions or improvements that make me want this game at this point. Gus was one of the improvements but seeing that their use of announcing is still years behind it's time took that excitement away. Maybe they'll show some of this new presentation they say they were working on will build some interest again but for the most part I'd just rather stick with M10 instead of buying M11.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #19
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Add me to the list who is not buying Madden 11. Not enough improvements worth $60. I still have Madden 10, don't play online. I thought about trading in Madden 10 when gamestop was giving $40 for it.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:55 PM   #20
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I think the updated audio will add a lot to the atmosphere of the game.
I am actually looking forward to trying out the gameplan, gameflow features.
Those reasons plus my love of football is why I am getting it.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'am really looking forward for the new commentary but:

i really really hope they've added a lot of videos and cut scenes. let's face it: Madden 10 took a step in the right direction presentation wise, but it failed tremendously and i'am relatively sure it will fail again (for me ) this year. Why?
Because they only added about 20 ( way too short) cut scenes and they were repeating after your 4th game.

-2 Videos for Chain gangs (and you knew after some games if it's enough after you saw the first second of that cut scene)
-4 for Tds (also you could tell imediatly by the camera ankle if it's a TD)
-3 intros (1 for WR, one for QBs, one for DBs)
-1 for stadiums (with just different ankles and stadiums.)
-3 for TD celebrations
-1 for Ray Lewis
-1 for SB
-3 for injuries

and thats it?!?
so we will se 20 new ones in 11 and that's not enough.
At least i hope they can build more eagerness with those Chain gang and td cut scenes in 11. And if that's better together with the commentary it will be a way better game than 10 for me (if stats. are fixed for franchise.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeper84
I'am really looking forward for the new commentary but:

i really really hope they've added a lot of videos and cut scenes. let's face it: Madden 10 took a step in the right direction presentation wise, but it failed tremendously and i'am relatively sure it will fail again (for me ) this year. Why?
Because they only added about 20 ( way too short) cut scenes and they were repeating after your 4th game.

-2 Videos for Chain gangs (and you knew after some games if it's enough after you saw the first second of that cut scene)
-4 for Tds (also you could tell imediatly by the camera ankle if it's a TD)
-3 intros (1 for WR, one for QBs, one for DBs)
-1 for stadiums (with just different ankles and stadiums.)
-3 for TD celebrations
-1 for Ray Lewis
-1 for SB
-3 for injuries

and thats it?!?
so we will se 20 new ones in 11 and that's not enough.
At least i hope they can build more eagerness with those Chain gang and td cut scenes in 11. And if that's better together with the commentary it will be a way better game than 10 for me (if stats. are fixed for franchise.)
They said Franchise mode was untouched this year, so expect 5 2,000 yard rushers.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:06 PM   #23
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenBalla
They said Franchise mode was untouched this year, so expect 5 2,000 yard rushers.
That is not at all what they said... in fact they noted that one of the only things they have done is tune rushing stats...

of course, we'll see if it actually happens, but they have not once said that franchise has gone "untouched."
Old 06-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

I agree with the lot of you after I read that release by EA. This years version will essentially be Madden 2010 version 2.

However that said with no agreement between the NFLPA and Owners isn't reworking franchise mode totally nonsensical. As someone mentioned it is good we have a cap model in place. Even if there was a salary cap in franchise mode it would still have to be moderated. I want to see a practice mode in franchise. That is essential. We will have to wait to see if the presentation and gameplay has been improved upon.

After purchasing NCAA Football 2009 and NCAA Football 2010, I really felt EA was stealing money. There was no difference in the two games. I truly hope I donot feel the same way about Madden this year.

Thanks for reading.
******** type=text/javascript>******** type=text/javascript src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">********>google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);
******** src="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/test_domain.js">******** src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/render_ads.js">********>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »