Home

Madden's developers vs other developers (comparison)

This is a discussion on Madden's developers vs other developers (comparison) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Madden's developers vs other developers (comparison)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...the Tiburon team just doesn't have the focus and direction to nail this game as we all want them to. They're too full of themselves to even SEE all of the problems, let alone fix them. They're just not even aware of all of the issues.

If you watch the videos they'll release, I can almost guarantee they'll be head to head games every time. Why? Either THAT is their only focus, or they do it because it hides some of the glaring flaws in the game.

I believe they are football fans (not fanatical, but casual) but they don't have a deep enough appreciation of the game, IMO, or they'd NEVER allow some of the ridiculous mistakes they make to go on the final product.

If it is none of the above, then it simply is a lack of talent. They've had SO many years to fix this, and I have lost any faith in what they say, so I really am skeptical that they'll have gameplay improved enough this year to justify not fixing franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Michael Young and his staff completely turned things around with Madden's graphics. When you look at how awful Madden 08 looked and compare it to now, it really is night and day since he took over. Graphics are the one thing I never worry about with this game anymore.

But then on the presentation side, I still wonder how we have so many bad camera shots when they have guys with NFL shooting credentials? I don't get it... I'd think that one part would be almost spot-on. Last I checked, some of the other football games that did these right didn't have anybody on staff with those credentials, and if they did you never heard about it...

... I just don't know anymore.
That's true. I don't play Madden as frequently as I used to, but every tiem I fire it up the phenomenal graphics do stand out. They really stepped up their game in that department.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 06-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #27
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Having watched the NHL series slowly be developed from 07-10, Madden is definitely on a different, lower, level.

IMHO Madden 06 and 07 never should of even got released. Especially 2006, that game was just horrid
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 06-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #28
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
I'll add that Michael Young Is a football guy!!!. He is a professional photographer for the NFL. If that does not bring the passion , then i dont know what does.

The guy has first hand what we see on sunday, and i think he has done a great job with the graphics and overall visuals of the game.

I think madden makes the most strides in any sports game from year to year. I think they put in as much , if not more than any other sports game on the 360 or ps3.
I'm not gonna crack. But please do expound. The makers of games like The Show, Fifa, NHL and NBA2k might not agree with your assessment. Have you played those games? Please do share what I'm missing...

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #29
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Madden 06-08 Were complete trash, irredeemable.

Madden 09 was the Year that Ortiz got canned, Ian took over and the game was better. It was still crap but it was def. a polished turd.

Madden 10 Was a very good game. It had its faults, but it was a major improvment over what we were used to.

It appears that Tiburon has this game on the righ track. For those that did not like Madden 10, Sucks to be you.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #30
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Madden 06-08 Were complete trash, irredeemable.

Madden 09 was the Year that Ortiz got canned, Ian took over and the game was better. It was still crap but it was def. a polished turd.

Madden 10 Was a very good game. It had its faults, but it was a major improvment over what we were used to.

It appears that Tiburon has this game on the righ track. For those that did not like Madden 10, Sucks to be you.
In light of your other post about your sig, I still have a question for you. Do you play a large amount of other sports games? Or are you pretty much basing your opinions off of Madden, alone? I can't see how you can't compare what they've told us about Madden and what to expect against even NCAA, it's closest thing to a direct competitor. There are all kinds of other sports games that are so far ahead, as well. Why are you taking pot shots at those of us who are saying that Madden team is not keeping pace, that we expect at least as much as NCAA is promising?

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Michael Young and his staff completely turned things around with Madden's graphics. When you look at how awful Madden 08 looked and compare it to now, it really is night and day since he took over. Graphics are the one thing I never worry about with this game anymore.

But then on the presentation side, I still wonder how we have so many bad camera shots when they have guys with NFL shooting credentials? I don't get it... I'd think that one part would be almost spot-on. Last I checked, some of the other football games that did these right didn't have anybody on staff with those credentials, and if they did you never heard about it...

... I just don't know anymore.
the only camera angle that really bothers me is thier broadcast angle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm not gonna crack. But please do expound. The makers of games like The Show, Fifa, NHL and NBA2k might not agree with your assessment. Have you played those games? Please do share what I'm missing...
First... baseball is a very easy game to get right... the players have the least amount of interaction at any time. The NHL series could only get better from where it started . Nba2k10 was pretty much nba 2k9. I thought nba Live 10 made better strides this year personally. Fifa has done a great job, BUT, once again i will add. i think there is much more complex movements and interaction going on with football.

I think the Ortiz era set madden back a few years and if you compare what madden has added since then , it truly does compare to any other sports game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »