Home

Madden's developers vs other developers (comparison)

This is a discussion on Madden's developers vs other developers (comparison) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #33
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Madden's developers vs other developers (comparison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
First... baseball is a very easy game to get right... the players have the least amount of interaction at any time. The NHL series could only get better from where it started . Nba2k10 was pretty much nba 2k9. I thought nba Live 10 made better strides this year personally. Fifa has done a great job, BUT, once again i will add. i think there is much more complex movements and interaction going on with football.

I think the Ortiz era set madden back a few years and if you compare what madden has added since then , it truly does compare to any other sports game
Fair enough. But I would have to disagree with you about Soccer vs. Football. Shape and Man-marking on the fly are infinitely more variable than anything Madden does. Collision detection, I'll grant you. And I do agree about NBA Live/Elite making a huge leap for one year. But NBA2k is arrived, so it's hard to tell how much improved their game is year to year.

Like I said in another thread, for myself, Apples to Apples, it's about NCAA vs. Madden. And, IMO, NCAA has grown more over this consoles lifespan. Like you stated, Madden has been more about damage control, getting right what was so broken. But that lends itself to this question, is that my fault? And should I continue to play a game that's 3-4 cycles behind the other sports games? The answer is, the choice is mine. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to offer "constructive feedback" for the future, even if I take a year off. Peace!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 18

i hear your point brian...i hope e3 can shed some light onto what we might see in this years Madden. i still think the new locomotion will have some promising moments.

maybe we can revisit this topic after next week
Old 06-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #35
Banned

oh ...... maybe after tomorrow ,when the Ncaa demo hits, we can really tell how locomotion will work ( supposed to be the same for madden as well )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #36
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
oh ...... maybe after tomorrow ,when the Ncaa demo hits, we can really tell how locomotion will work ( supposed to be the same for madden as well )
I'm looking forward to NCAA, too. That's kinda what rubs me the wrong way about a lot of this. With the exception of the RS leaning, I have heard of every gameplay enhancement being in both Madden and NCAA. So it really bothers me when NCAA team tells us about the career thing on the web and how they've taken everything from offline Dynasty and put it online and then here comes Phil with "sorry but we had better things to do and couldn't figure out how to blow out Franchise, online or off. So please wait for next year."

That's just not kosher, in my book. I'm gonna buy NCAA at midnight, whatever the date it comes out. Madden better really come correct at E3. I didn't buy NCAA last year, and I didn't die. Heck, I've got 60 years of highlights and stories to write for NCAA! I'll survive without Madden just fine!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #37
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
In light of your other post about your sig, I still have a question for you. Do you play a large amount of other sports games? Or are you pretty much basing your opinions off of Madden, alone? I can't see how you can't compare what they've told us about Madden and what to expect against even NCAA, it's closest thing to a direct competitor. There are all kinds of other sports games that are so far ahead, as well. Why are you taking pot shots at those of us who are saying that Madden team is not keeping pace, that we expect at least as much as NCAA is promising?
First off, the game is not out yet, so to be slamming it is absolute nonsense.

Secondly, I understand Madden has its faults, but unlike most people here, I realize it is a game and not the real thing. I do not really have a problem with Madden 10's Franchise, it was the presentation and gameplay that I felt needed the most work and those 2 aspects received the most attention.

Its not like I am singling out Tiburon either, I was extremely critical of NCAA 10. I felt that game was horrible and was very vocal about it here. I do not have a problem with the additions Tiburon Made to Madden, the game looks fantastic and I cannot wait to play it.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #38
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
First off, the game is not out yet, so to be slamming it is absolute nonsense.

Secondly, I understand Madden has its faults, but unlike most people here, I realize it is a game and not the real thing. I do not really have a problem with Madden 10's Franchise, it was the presentation and gameplay that I felt needed the most work and those 2 aspects received the most attention.

Its not like I am singling out Tiburon either, I was extremely critical of NCAA 10. I felt that game was horrible and was very vocal about it here. I do not have a problem with the additions Tiburon Made to Madden, the game looks fantastic and I cannot wait to play it.
I totally understand it's not real, either. But you still aren't comparing NCAA to Madden, which seems to be a pretty valid comparison. That is pretty much the root of the latest freakout. Sure, you have a point that some of us tend to overreact, but, flaw or not, I have been on this board for over 6 years. Why? I love sports videogames. If I didn't and had just a passing interest, I wouldn't have been here so long, or been a mod, or bought all kinds of stuff to capture footage, etc.

Myself, like a lot of other long time members, love gaming. And we try to be articulate and passionate about it. Some go overboard with expectations, but others go overboard the other way. All I have to say is that I think this is a great place because people care. And it would be really boring if every post was "Thanks Steve!" or "Thanks, Ian!" There's a time to say "great job," and a time to say "hey, what the heck is this?" About the Franchise info and the inferences that have been made over the last two years about how it was really on the radar, this would be the latter, especially for people who's basic enjoyment of Madden and gaming in general is based on the single player experience. We've let people vent about socks colors and proper uniform combos, let us have our time.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #39
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

What is making NCAA look so much better to people than Madden this year?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #40
Banned

I think its the upgrades , and how far Ncaa has progressed in one year that has people excited about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »