Home

Madden 11's Redesigned Franchise Mode (Wii)

This is a discussion on Madden 11's Redesigned Franchise Mode (Wii) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2010, 08:34 AM   #25
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden 11's Redesigned Franchise Mode (Wii)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
Pardon? I'm just expressing that this, for Wii, may be great for the kids. I'm not saying "Hey let's get this for the 360/PS3 version."

Let me know if I'm reading too much into your response...but it seems to me that you are basically saying that I'm an idiot. I do not appreciate it.

EDIT: In retrospect, perhaps your post is saying that I do indeed think critically, not that I need to. A little clarification may be in order. I hope it is the latter instead of the former.
No, I was complementing you. You're a smart guy. Damn it, even my sincere posts come off sarcastic. Damn you interwebs.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #26
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I'm pretty sure it's the latter. And let me say, I agree with you. While not for me (and I said this last year too), I really like what EA has done with Wii Madden, giving it it's own personality that fits right in with that system. And, if I were a younger player with this game, I think the idea of this franchise "town" would be pretty cool and fun.

And like someone else mentioned, this is a completely different dev team, so the fact that people think this somehow affected 360/PS3 Madden... well, lol.
No offense, but you really think this is a good idea? This is like taking sim city and combining it with madden. That's not really a combination that you think of when you think about football. I mean how many people are walking around saying "Madden would be real tight except it's missing a town that will grow if I do good" lol. The point I'm getting at is, most people, rather casual or hardcore, buy football games to....you know........play football. Now if EA wants to have fire coming out of a football, big heads, or lightning strikes on big hits or whatever, then that's cool because you're still playing football. This is like if Need For Speed combined their single player mode with a RPG. Everytime you won a race, your character would level up so that you could defeat the enemies in the various dungeons that you had to play in between races. Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Well that's what this sounds like to me. These two things have nothing to do with each other. In fact, they are 2 total different gaming genres. I think this just shows how out of touch EA is when it comes to knowing what people want. People buy football games because they want to play football, not build cities. Like I said before, I wonder how many people that were on the fence about madden on the Wii are now saying, "Man this is just what Madden needed!!" lol. Also, what about the hardcore football fan that owns a Wii? There are a whole lot more out there than you think there are. I guess they are just SOL.

This is just my opinion of course. I really have no intention whatsoever of ever buying Madden on the Wii. I just thought this was a very.........ummm....."interesting"....franchise mode lol. Back to my original point though, my son is 7 yrs old and sees me playing NCAA and Madden all the time. He's not really into football at this point in his life so he doesn't sit and watch me play those games or play with me like he does with other games. He will, however, play Tecmo Bowl with me on the Wii. I understand that aspect of madden on the Wii with the cartoon characters and the simple controls and whatnot. That's why my son will play Tecmo Bowl with me. It's simple and it looks like a cartoon which makes it less intimidating. One thing that my son has never asked though was can he play a season on Tecmo Bowl. He doesn't care about a season on Tecmo Bowl. He's the living breathing definition of a casual football gamer. Casual football gamers don't play franchise!!! Now if I was a kid and the only system that I had was a Wii, I'd be highly PO'd. When will EA see that people buy football games to play football? The closer to real football you make it, the better it will be. Those people that EA is making this franchise for......don't play franchise mode lol. Anyway, this is all opinion and none of it is fact, but I believe it to be true and maybe one day EA will see that it is true as well. As for you people that only own a Wii and wanna play Madden franchise, "maybe next year".

Last edited by splff3000; 06-15-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is probably going to just be ported to the 360 and ps3 versions next year and then they will add to it every year. EA Sports has to keep the franchise going somehow. Every year it's the same promises and we get half of what they promise the following year.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #28
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
No, I was complementing you. You're a smart guy. Damn it, even my sincere posts come off sarcastic. Damn you interwebs.
Oh okay. My apologies. You never know these days with the interwebs.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 06-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 12

Uh... so....

Like it's a SIM CITY feature?

If you throw too many INT's, the crime rate in your town goes up?

LOL

Wow. Why would they waste their time incorporating something so completely irrelevant to football?

Has EA lost their minds?

Have they no creative football developers anymore that they have to stretch out to completely unrelated genres to add new "Features"?

Last edited by Netherscourge; 06-15-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #30
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I just...

I don't...

Uh, maybe...

[sigh]

I give up.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Even the Onion couldn't come up with something this good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsp120
Even the Onion couldn't come up with something this good.
It's some kind of Mario & Luigi Village Super Football Happy Adventures nonsense. This seriously looks like an April Fools joke. The only way it could find redemption is if Wario shows up to twist his mustache and cackle when your team struggles. "Muahaha you always gonna lose!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »