Home

Madden Gameplay footage?

This is a discussion on Madden Gameplay footage? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #17
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden Gameplay footage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Oh, I agree 100%, that was the point I was trying to make.

And yeah, to me, it's a red flag that we haven't seen really anything yet, as the Madden hype and marketing train should be full steam by now. Peculiar to me that IF the gameplay and presentation recieved such a radical overhaul (assumption based on the time spent on it this year) that Tiburon wouldn't want to just blow us away already with how fantastic it all comes together.

So far, what we've seen seems to not really even impress the most loyal of Madden followers. IMO, this game could be in REAL trouble.
it was a red flag when i realized we could'nt view the replay's in the ncaa demo, something doesnt seem right to me.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #18
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
E3, the actual event, began today the 15th and runs through to the 17th. The press conferences yesterday were the only things going on. There was no showroom floor to demo games or anything.
Oh, my bad. I assumed it was all one big week.

Quote:
Oh, I agree 100%, that was the point I was trying to make.

And yeah, to me, it's a red flag that we haven't seen really anything yet, as the Madden hype and marketing train should be full steam by now. Peculiar to me that IF the gameplay and presentation recieved such a radical overhaul (assumption based on the time spent on it this year) that Tiburon wouldn't want to just blow us away already with how fantastic it all comes together.

So far, what we've seen seems to not really even impress the most loyal of Madden followers. IMO, this game could be in REAL trouble.
Yep, I have the same feeling. It doesn't help seeing Pastapadre say that he likes NCAA better. He's been a Madden guy for as long as I can remember.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Yeah, I do believe it could, mostly because the frustration level is even higher this year than last, because in many eyes, they didn't deliver again.
I believe this year, especially after the recent announcement, could be THE year when Madden sales just die.

UNLESS they post something to the contrary video-wise, I don't think many people are really fired up about Madden this year, not like in the past, and they've FINALLY had enough. Even some very loyal followers, people who in the past defended Madden to no end, have taken off the rose colored glasses and see what Tiburon has tried to spoon feed un this generation.

Of course, this is all just opinion at this point. We'll see.
At least people know where most everything stands 7 weeks or so before it arrives in the stores.

I don't know, I'm having a lot of fun with NCAA's demo. If the demo of Madden is just as good, it could be interesting.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
At least people know where most everything stands 7 weeks or so before it arrives in the stores.

I don't know, I'm having a lot of fun with NCAA's demo. If the demo of Madden is just as good, it could be interesting.
Here we agree! I am really happy they decided to be up front about this. It saved a ton of disappointment (or even anger) that I know this far in advance that 11 isn't for me.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:50 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Here we agree! I am really happy they decided to be up front about this. It saved a ton of disappointment (or even anger) that I know this far in advance that 11 isn't for me.
Yep, unfortunately, I feel for you and others who live by the Cubs mantra, "Wait till next year."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 11:09 PM   #22
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

This statement is not right,IMO.If they had revealed all the upgrades they did make to franchise when the said they were waiting till Madden 12 for a major franchise overhaul,this statement would al least apply to franchisers.However,right now,all of us are left in the lurch wondering what they actually did put in Madden 11 and if it all works properly.

Have you personally experienced enough satisfaction with just locomotion,run blocking,catch debugging tool and protak tuning in the NCAA Football 11 demo to be ok if their the only major gameplay upgrades for Madden 11?

Considering they have repeatedly stated gameplay was the focus this year,I wouldnt be.So far they have confirmed gameplay additions of locomotion,run blocking,sideline catch tool and protak tuning,that I can think of.Im not dismissing any of these as not being additions to gameplay,just dismissing the notion these upgrades alone reflect a dev cycle focused on gameplay,IMO.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
This statement is not right,IMO.If they had revealed all the upgrades they did make to franchise when the said they were waiting till Madden 12 for a major franchise overhaul,this statement would al least apply to franchisers.However,right now,all of us are left in the lurch wondering what they actually did put in Madden 11 and if it all works properly.

Have you personally experienced enough satisfaction with just locomotion,run blocking,catch debugging tool and protak tuning in the NCAA Football 11 demo to be ok if their the only major gameplay upgrades for Madden 11?

Considering they have repeatedly stated gameplay was the focus this year,I wouldnt be.So far they have confirmed gameplay additions of locomotion,run blocking,sideline catch tool and protak tuning,that I can think of.Im not dismissing any of these as not being additions to gameplay,just dismissing the notion these upgrades alone reflect a dev cycle focused on gameplay,IMO.
Have you played the demo of NCAA? The answer to your question is yes.

I have and I love the game play elements of it.

It's much better than NCAA's demo last year at this time.

I don't know how a software development company is run, and I don't pretend to, but one of the CD folks or one of the developers mentioned locomotion took a long time to take out the old engine and code and put in the new engine and code.

Lastly, I'm not a franchiser anymore. I just don't have the time anymore. Yeah, I feel bad for the franchise folks, but at least you know where you stand at this time instead of renting or purchasing Madden and finding out too late.

I only heard just before E3 that game play was the focus for this year. Where was it repeated before that?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:20 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576

The NCAA team also added an awesome lighting system that just really makes the game look SOOO much better, plus added ESPN presentation. As far as we know, Madden hadn't touched either of those, ie lighting and presentation. I really think Madden blew it this year, they are just lagging so far behind every other game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »