Home

QB Scramble Mechanics...

This is a discussion on QB Scramble Mechanics... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do QB Scramble Mechanics need an animation boost?
Fine the way it is... 1 16.67%
Give it a boost!!! 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 13
QB Scramble Mechanics...

After watching the gameplay videos... Do you think that the mechanics of the QB scramble is still an area of gameplay that still needs work? Your thoughts appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: QB Scramble Mechanics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbigmike2121
After watching the gameplay videos... Do you think that the mechanics of the QB scramble is still an area of gameplay that still needs work? Your thoughts appreciated.

Not sure what you mean. Are you saying it isn't as effective as you want it to be, or that it doesn't look realistic enough the way a QB moves in the pocket? If it's the former, I can't really say as I don't use scrambling QB's too often (I play the Giants the majority of the time, but I do use many teams here and there) and I haven't paid that much attention to the QBs scrambling in the vidz.

If it's the latter, I wholeheartedly agree as i think it looks a little weak. Especially when he is walking backwards.

But, again, I'm not sure what you mean by fine or needs a boost, so I didn't vote.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Not sure what you mean. Are you saying it isn't as effective as you want it to be, or that it doesn't look realistic enough the way a QB moves in the pocket? If it's the former, I can't really say as I don't use scrambling QB's too often (I play the Giants the majority of the time, but I do use many teams here and there) and I haven't paid that much attention to the QBs scrambling in the vidz.

If it's the latter, I wholeheartedly agree as i think it looks a little weak. Especially when he is walking backwards.

But, again, I'm not sure what you mean by fine or needs a boost, so I didn't vote.
Great Point... Im sorry for not being so clear the first time around. To answer your question, both to me.. I really have to lean towards the "It doesn't look real enough," quotes. Thanx for the quick response by the way...
Old 06-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

Well, first things first. They need to fix the defense's reaction to QB movement. To often the QB will have 7-10 of free running space after the LOS, because LB's keep backing up into coverage even when the QB obviously stopped looking to pass.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:19 AM   #5
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Mechanic? And which gameplay videos? You seeing something we haven't? I've seen 2 videos. Both were about a minute long, and showed 1 or 2 plays each.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #6
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbigmike2121
Great Point... Im sorry for not being so clear the first time around. To answer your question, both to me.. I really have to lean towards the "It doesn't look real enough," quotes. Thanx for the quick response by the way...

I can only comment on the way the QB looks moving in the pocket, ie the animations for it. In that respect they are terribly lacking. It looks very unrealistic. The standard was set by 2k. The way the QB looked and felt was right from the way he bounced up and down at different speeds depending on what was going on to the way that his feet crossed over each other when he moved. In Madden/ NCAA it just looks weird. Like he is moon walking or something. So that needs major improvement. The way it feels moving the QB needs tuning also.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
The standard was set by 2k. The way the QB looked and felt was right from the way he bounced up and down at different speeds depending on what was going on to the way that his feet crossed over each other when he moved.
Basically what I'm trying to say...
Old 06-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

There are new roll out animations in NCAA that look great. They have a few roll out passes that are pre designed and the animation looks great whether the QB is going left or right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »