Home

E3 is all the Madden info released?

This is a discussion on E3 is all the Madden info released? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #9
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: E3 is all the Madden info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3B
As a fellow Leafs fan, i hate to say but.

If Madden 10 was good (and it was) how can Madden 11 be "bad" if they haven't changed much?

doesn't make sense
Maybe he should change it to which one is better because right now, to me, NCAA is looking waaay better than Madden and NCAA 09 IMO was better than Madden 09 IMO.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 46

what a buzzkill this E3 was.
i sincerely hope Ian comes on here to face the firing line.
honestly, all kidding aside, what did the franchise team and that guy they hired from head coach do this year, seriously?

Last edited by econoodle; 06-16-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #11
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3B
As a fellow Leafs fan, i hate to say but.

If Madden 10 was good (and it was) how can Madden 11 be "bad" if they haven't changed much?

doesn't make sense
Madden 10 was more promising than good. It had elements of a solid game, though they were incomplete or broke. If they kept on with they way they were going, Madden 11 would have been great and Madden 10 would have been the first "good game". Comparing Madden 10 to what we have had from 06 t0 09, you cant help but call it good. Unfortunately they went in a different direction with Madden 11 and they didn't capitalize on their momentum. The promising things with 10 that people overlooked, are still in their same form and weren't touched so they essentially become broken features. There is no more promise to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #12
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't want many new features. If you look at the other top games they don't add loads of features every year. They just concentrate on the fundamental game modes and try and perfect them. Madden has been littered with problems in every aspect for years and they kept adding new features with more problems. If gameflow is the only feature they added this year I am ok with that.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
I don't want many new features. If you look at the other top games they don't add loads of features every year. They just concentrate on the fundamental game modes and try and perfect them. Madden has been littered with problems in every aspect for years and they kept adding new features with more problems. If gameflow is the only feature they added this year I am ok with that.
exactly
the Show is aperfect example.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #14
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
exactly
the Show is aperfect example.
Yeah but the Show still finds time to add stellar presentation and a good franchise mode. What's Maddens excuse?
Old 06-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #15
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooShay
Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Notice a pattern

NCAA 09 Good
Madden 09 Bad

NCAA 10 Bad
Madden Good

NCAA 11 Good
Madden 11 Bad
This is the reason I usually only buy Madden every second year - that way I get more value for money in terms of new features and such. However, I wasn't supposed to buy Madden 10, since I had Madden 09, but Madden 10 was a significant improvement.

This year I'm probably skipping Madden 11 and will be buying NCAA 11 instead. Also if you compare the two games, it appears almost all the gameplay improvements (locomotion, blocking AI etc.) is going to be in NCAA 11 as well. All in all I cannot justify spending $85-90 (yup, games are that expensive where I live) on a game that boasts a roster update and a handful of tweaks.

I was hoping for more feature announcements during E3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 04:33 PM   #16
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3B
Exactly.

I think for the most part people are still brewing over the franchise (or lack thereof) news. One would think that EA is re-releasing M09 judging by the atmosphere on this board. There are some valid criticisms out there, but there def some people here who are playing follow-the-leader.

I think most of the bull will subside once the Madden demo comes out. I like NCAA, but I can't foresee it being better than Madden from a gameplay standpoint. Madden had a better foundation for gameplay last year -- how could it regress and let the NCAA team pass 'em? I ain't buying that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »