Home

What do we gamers want?

This is a discussion on What do we gamers want? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you want the presentation to be like?
I want EA to keep what they have. EA's style is awesome! 5 3.82%
I want a broadcast style of presentation. I don't want EA's "cool" replay angles or banner, I just want to see what I see every Sunday. 105 80.15%
I don't care what we get. I don't pay much attention to the presentation anyways. 21 16.03%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: What do we gamers want?

Not really. If everyone at EA just stopped and started working on gameplay, there would probably be more issues than there are now. I would love if EA worked hard on gameplay and got it perfect, but they aren't going to get that by stopping process on everything else.

― Plato
Old 06-16-2010, 04:43 PM   #10
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Us gamers do not want EA's presentation. We want the presentation to mimic something we see every Sunday every game.
This is thee most important thing you said...

I'm not going to bury the team because I do have a respect for those guys. But I'm left scratching my head at presentation from a broadcast standpoint. I can't really point to M11 b/c presentation didn't appear to be where the emphasis was placed this year as far as development.

But damn, presentation was a back of the box feature last year. And it still fell flat. M10 is a perfect example of them doing their own thing instead of replicating the perfection that is a TV broadcast. This year, while not adding much, have continued to build upon their own thing. Take a look at some of the stat banners: banners IRL don't give lengthy sentences i.e. Thomas Jones has 4 carries and averaging 6 yards per carry. No! We get something straight to the point as:

Carries Yards Avg
4 24 6

Little things like that give me the impression that they aren't following TV broadcasts to a T. They're caught up on taking aspects of real broadcasts and spicing it up with their own flavor. Ugh...
Old 06-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
This is the dichotomy of Operation Sports. We get posts ike this, asking for gameplay fixes, and threads and other posts exclusive to this year where people are complaining "That's it? Where is teh featurez?!? o.0"
Everyone wants and likes feature, but what good is a kick *** franchise mode for example if when you get on the field that player you just drafted plays nothing like hes suppose to being 90% of the ratings don't matter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 18

I'm in the "Presentation and graphics are largely irrelevant" group. NFL Head Coach 09 had no announcer, generic replays, generic camera angles, no Super Bowl trophy presentation, lower resolution graphics, etc

And I would STILL play that game 1,000,000 times before I would even open any of the next gen Maddens.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:14 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Give me Peter and Dan, don't have to waste all of that money on big names put it back into production and development.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:10 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 22

This might be the most lop-sided pole in OS history.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

After seeing the results, I now understand why EA does presentation their way.

/sarcasm

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I agree with slim_pickens, to heck with this big name announcer stuff...just get Peter and Dan and make the commentary like it was in the 2K games!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »