Home

Madden 11 - E3 Hands On

This is a discussion on Madden 11 - E3 Hands On within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #49
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 11 - E3 Hands On

Progressive lighting?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:17 PM   #50
Rookie

DocZulu's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey Cursive, thank you very much for posting about your E3 experience. I was wondering if you could say more about manual play.

Specifically I wanted to know about what it was like playing on defense. How is manual play different on madden 11? Is it difficult to play coverage or to stop the run? And what about attacking Punt Returners?
Old 06-17-2010, 12:08 AM   #51
Rookie

CFTejada's Arena

OVR: 7

Is their an option to take Fight for the Fumble off?

Falcons
Braves
Bulldogs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 12:15 AM   #52
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursive
I thought the lighting and textures were great, big jump from last years. When playing there was a video of the game playing and it seemed so much lighter then the actual game we were playing. For some reason all games were played in fair weather but from the videos you have probably seen I'd say they are not real close to the actual game. The Faces are 100 times better then last years, so cut scenes look better. Grass has better texture, and the contrast the lighting gives makes it seem not so gamey. The pop ups and very generic though and from scene to scene it gets very choppy at times.
huh? I have seen no evidence of this in any video and Im willing to bet none of it changed. did you play Madden 10 last year? I think its safe to say that if they improved the grass, player textures, and if player faces were 100 times better compared to last year, this wouldn't be the first time we hear of it.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:57 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I*had*no*idea*speed*burst*was*removed*for*Madden*1 1.*Interesting...
Old 06-17-2010, 01:41 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 16

After a few hours with the NCAA Demo you can compare the following;

Locomotion, plays the same way in both. The way plays accelerate, stop, change direction, and get to full speed.

Blocking, pretty much the same but I saw more lineman in Madden move off double teams and go to the next level.

Animations, catching and tackling seemed to be very similar.

Presentation, There is some dead space but it's way better then Collinsworth never shutting up from last year.

Things that are different,

Camera angles, in Madden during the course of each play they still seemed closer in than in NCAA. More of an action cam feel.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:42 AM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I*had*no*idea*speed*burst*was*removed*for*Madden*1 1.*Interesting...
I know I mentioned things that we already know, but I explained my experience. The first time you play you will think the juke stick is broken too...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 01:45 AM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
huh? I have seen no evidence of this in any video and Im willing to bet none of it changed. did you play Madden 10 last year? I think its safe to say that if they improved the grass, player textures, and if player faces were 100 times better compared to last year, this wouldn't be the first time we hear of it.
I'm not a reporter or a writer of any kind, just someone that was able to play early. All notes from E3 so far have been very short and didn't go into much detail. Most writers I spoke with were more interested on the Locomotion and Gameflow, and I know I touched on Gameflow but this is one feature most of us won't use. When you see a comparison video you can tell the lighting and textures are different but hey what do I know I'm not a pro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »