Home

Does Anyone Remember This?

This is a discussion on Does Anyone Remember This? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 01:04 AM   #33
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Does Anyone Remember This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Dude seriously.... now that you mention it, Ian does look deflated and defeated. At first I thought, "eh, maybe it's just this one video, he's tired", but he looks like that in all the videos now.
Ya.. and I'm not sure if it was this early, but last year he was posting on this site and uploading gameplay videos to youtube and everything and it seemed like he was legitimately excited to show us how the game was coming along and for input on how to make things better... This year it's like they are taking the year off or something on really offering the best NFL experience...

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they haven't been sitting on their butts all year. I haven't even played the game yet obviously and maybe the gameplay improvements will wow me.... All i'm saying is that it seems like IF the blocking is still messed up and things aren't COMPLETELY better in the gameplay department, it will have been a failure of a year's work in my opinion. I sure hope the gameplay changes are enough to make this game feel "new" this year... I would hate to be bored with it right away after feeling like I played it for a year already...
Old 06-17-2010, 02:18 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
The quote is from Sept. of last year. It's not recent. Basically, it's Ian saying they are going to continue to work on franchise for madden 11. In light of the recent blog from Phil, you can see why this post is frustrating. It also said they went back to basics last year. So what happened this year?
Whatever they need to tell you to keep the masses coming to the stores and picking up their copy...

The sooner folks realize all these guys are are marketing guys, the better off they will be. It is their job to sell the game. Not to build it.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:00 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

I just don't understand if they have put franchise on hold, save a few tweaks....what have the guy's that they hired specifically for franchise done all year??

I hope that doesn't sound ignorant but If I'm hired for a specific job and they say hey chill, we'll get to it next year, then what am I going to do.

Unless they started on M12 franchise already?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 04:04 AM   #36
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

well since they said it will take more than a year to build, i assume the franchise team has been working on it all year, but they just simply couldn't get it to a playable state in time for 11 so they just left the code out completely. (although it worries me when I see that Josh Looman's Twitter is completely absorbed with MUT card insert suggestions, yawn)

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-17-2010, 04:15 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
well since they said it will take more than a year to build, i assume the franchise team has been working on it all year, but they just simply couldn't get it to a playable state in time for 11 so they just left the code out completely. (although it worries me when I see that Josh Looman's Twitter is completely absorbed with MUT card insert suggestions, yawn)
Yeah the MUT thing is a nice idea...but at the end of the day, we don't see it on sundays...get the franchise ready haha
Old 06-17-2010, 04:29 AM   #38
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

^ this was my problem. Looman was brought in to sort out franchise and all he does on Twitter is go on about UT insert packs, what a waste of time
Old 06-17-2010, 06:09 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 7

yea i was very excited to see looman on the team and it seems he is going to waste idk about anyone else but mut has been completely useless to me i tried it once n havent had one urge to go back also i think someone is just focusing more on casual gamers maybe peter more seems like ever since the first time i ever saw him speak when he still worked for MS all hes ever talked about is reaching the casual gamer. i think thats more what gameflow is geared towards helping people choose the right play that dont know how to call their own plays another feature i have no plans on using i think it is a nice feature for ppl who dont have time for a full game but in noway should be THE major feature added to the game.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:32 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 42

It really is a shame.

Offline franchise is MAINLY all I care about. I didn't buy Madden 10 because of it but a friend who's 360 died for the last time gave me his copy...then my 360 died.

Now I'm on PS3 with no intention of buying Madden 11 even though all my buddies are screaming about a online league. It seems the main marketing goal for Madden has become peer pressure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »