Home

How is the gameplay/AI in Madden 08 for the ps3 and 360?

This is a discussion on How is the gameplay/AI in Madden 08 for the ps3 and 360? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #17
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How is the gameplay/AI in Madden 08 for the ps3 and 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
C'mon guys - you're being way too harsh on Madden '08. Reviewers loved it. Here's a little something from IGN's review (rated the game an 8.7):

That is easily one of the saddest quotes I've ever read for a sports game review. And they STILL rated it highly. Or what about TeamXBox's wisdom in rating Madden 08's gameplay a 9.8 (game overall was rated a 9):

Or Franchise mode:

Madden 08 must've been a beast! Given how Madden's been reviewed this generation, Madden 11 may crack an 11+ rating

Yeah that is another reason that the game was so terrible. It was a fumbling machine. Having a lot of interceptions in a game is annoying, but at least I can say that I am partially to blame. A fumble though is completely out of the users hands. Am I supposed to run out of bounds every play just to avoid a fumble that the game thinks I should have lol? I remember that the game used to fumble so much that I would actually dive early to give myself up to avoid a fumble and the player would STILL sometimes fumble from no contact. Especially on kick-offs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »