Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Don't Kick It To Reggie Bush (OS @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Don't Kick It To Reggie Bush (OS @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 12:28 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Don't Kick It To Reggie Bush (OS @ E3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
Normally I'd be getting Madden too...I've only owned 2 copies of NCAA...04 and 09, I think...but the demo for NCAA 11 has been phenomenal...at least in my opinion. That's why I'm waiting for the demo of Madden...maybe it'll change my mind. But, unlike previous years, this year they HAVE to change my mind for me to buy it, not me having a mindset of "I'm getting Madden. I hope it's good."

But all signs point to the gameplay being pretty much identical between the two games, so I THINK that isn't really an issue...it's more along the lines of, "What will I have more fun with? Dynasty, which has been improving pretty much yearly, or Franchise, which I didn't have fun with last year and won't be fun this year?"

To each their own. I hope Madden is great, but I'm tempering my optimism this year.
You can keep your dynasty mode as long as you ship me progressive lighting, lock-on, and the ESPN presentation!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:29 AM   #50
Rookie

thesteamontheboat's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
Linebackers bouncing off Reggie bush like hes superman. Facepalm.
Eli Manning bounced off Patriot D linemen in the superbowl its called the miracle b4 the catch
Old 06-18-2010, 12:30 AM   #51
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

waaaack....

+ I liked the locomotion
- HATE that you can break out of a tackle with like 3 or 4 guys in position to make the tackle... I would rather they just COMPLETELY took out the ability to break tackles on pro-tak like that...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 12:31 AM   #52
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
You can keep your dynasty mode as long as you ship me progressive lighting, lock-on, and the ESPN presentation!
That sounds like an EA deal to me. "We'll give you this one thing, but you give US all this stuff in return! Yes? Eh? Good deal, huh?"

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 06-18-2010, 12:34 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
That sounds like an EA deal to me. "We'll give you this one thing, but you give US all this stuff in return! Yes? Eh? Good deal, huh?"
Haha, that's a good way to put it. I mean they don't want to spoil you. So, they take out 5 positive things about the game, and give you 5 average things. That's a way for progression isn't it?
Old 06-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #54
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

It certainly is a way to get pats on the back when they put it back into the game several iterations later...

Okay, enough taunting of EA...kudos for putting together a game that looks like it will at least play decently, even if Reggie Bush CAN break out of a tackle with half the defense AND a head coach hanging off of him...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 06-18-2010, 01:07 AM   #55
All Star

OVR: 21

I don't get the whole "locomotion looks good" when players don't look like they're even touching the turf. The need to plant when moving left/right was needed, but come on - that should be an expected improvement. The skating is really noticeable. And the tackling/player interaction is simply poor.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 01:08 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
There, hows that?
Whoa! Overboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteamontheboat
Eli Manning bounced off Patriot D linemen in the superbowl its called the miracle b4 the catch
Definitely not the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »