Home

Where's the grit? The all too clean graphics give Madden a synthetic look.

This is a discussion on Where's the grit? The all too clean graphics give Madden a synthetic look. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What direction do you want EA to take the graphics/lighting engine for Madden 2012?a
A more earthy, gritty, unperfect looks. 56 77.78%
Keep the current look 16 22.22%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2010, 04:26 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Where's the grit? The all too clean graphics give Madden a synthetic look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
LMFAO. I love how people come up with new complaints about madden everytime you turn around. I think the graphics look nice bro. I see nothing wrong withit.
Many people thought that Madden's graphics looked too bright & not gritty enough especially when both the NCAA & Madden 11 screenshot came up. Cynical remarks aren't really necessary, especially if you're going to try to back peddle & act as if they aren't.

But NCAA has the look down a lot better than Madden this year, NCAA 11s what I've been looking for really, still think the players could be a little taller compared to the field though.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:33 AM   #18
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

oh god remember in madden 09 when they would put a color filter in rivalry games and rain/snow games? Yuck. I'd rather have EA keep the graphics right where they are then mess them up somehow like they do everything else

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-18-2010, 05:26 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 33

Particulates?

I know what you mean maddenps2.

Madden's graphics don't have imperfections like you see in real life.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:32 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Good point, but I doubt it, tattoos are one thing, earthy looking graphics are another. I just believe it's the style EA has chosen. The NCAA 11 demo has a more earthy look than last years, from what I can see, madden has basically remain unchanged in the graphics department.
Honestly, I think NCAA 11 graphics are very similar to Madden's. From somewhere I actually heard Madden's graphics are a bit darker than NCAA's. I agree it could look more earthy, but Im afraid more earthy to Tiburon = worse graphics. I was just saying I don't want them to mess with something that is already pretty good.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #21
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

I understand exactly what the OP means (I think), but I didn't fully understand the wording in the poll so I didn't vote.

I don't like Tiburon's art direction much. I like the overall shape of their player models even less. If the OP is asking if I think that the graphics look too cartoony (for lack of a better word) and that they should be more realistic, then I would 100% agree. I am not 100% sure if that is what he is saying though when he (or she) uses the words "Earthy" as that can mean many things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #22
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

yea, i do agree about it looking a little cartoony.. but for as many complaints as I have about this game (and I have a ton), the "Clean" graphical look would not be one of them for me..

Don't forget for the most part due to a lot of synthetic playing surfaces, players don't even get real dirty anymore.

I guess they could add some beer sloshing, and being dumped on peoples heads, or drunk fans barfing in the crowd, or some player blood and snot blowing on the sidelines if they want to deliver an "authentic" experience.. but I think that would turn off a few people at the same time
Old 06-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I've been saying this for years, this is why ESPN2K5 looked so life like, the color palettes and overall graphics were much darker, more bland and "sloppy looking".
Old 06-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Ok, we all know there are other problems that's not the point of this thread, It's the current style of the graphics. I could go into ever single topic discussed in this forum and spam it with posts about How something else should be addressed.

And again this isn't about how many polygons the game boosts or how many grass blades are there. It's how true to life the graphics style look.

For example, Toy story the movie has amazing computer generated graphics, however they have a synthetic looks which fits the movie. Madden is supposed to mirror real life/ alive graphics. Graphical prowess of the next-gen systems have nothing to do with the graphical STYLE I.E. Textures, Colors, Warmth, Contrast, Shadows..etc

This is more of a question the of the choices used by the madden artists themselves.
LOL...Just watched TOY STORY last night(for the 20th time, dont know why...)...Relevant? Yes....The plastic look there makes sense...In madden the cartoon look just doesnt fit....Looks great...But doesnt fit.

I would love a grittier, less perfect look....IDK exactly how to explain it, but more realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »