Home

Is their a way we can improve Madden without spamming youtube

This is a discussion on Is their a way we can improve Madden without spamming youtube within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 01:17 AM   #1
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Is their a way we can improve Madden without spamming youtube

I seriously don't really know how to voice my opinion anymore. It's like I want to throw out suggestions and give feedback but it honestly don't feel like it goes anywhere. Last year felt different for obvious reasons but to prevent dwelling on the fact that interaction isn't happening anymore I just wonder how do we have a voice.

Sure it's easy to jump on youtube and make 3 videos a day but to me it seem like those who do it get put on the "do not listen to" list.

I can follow the devs on twitter but that seems like they only communicate/respond to CDguys and a select others (whom they might have prior experiences with other than OS)

EA forums...lol yea right, I mean I know they say they read all these post but without some feedback isn't all for not...

What is honestly the best course of action just to be able to give some serious suggestions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 01:29 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 18
Re: Is their a way we can improve Madden without spamming youtube

At this point, it seems to me like if you give negative feedback your ideas will get ZERO recognition from anyone on the development team.

If you are very positive and praise every facet of the game. Then maybe when you do give a suggestion, one of the dev's will recognize your opinion.

The only way to really reach someone is to have a huge group of people on OS supporting your idea/suggestion (see Broadcast Cam thread). The problem is that so many threads get locked these days that most ideas fall through without every being noticed.

GOOD LUCK
Old 06-18-2010, 01:29 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Sorry it's up to the developers now. Last year they were here to listen to our voices. They did many things for us last year. They promised some additions for this year that never came to be, and added features that are more friendly to the casual gamer. Unfortunately, I think the direction is on sales and the mass market that madden reaches.

That's why the game is becoming more user friendly, dumbed down, and arcade like features added like in game attribute boosts. Modes like franchise are left inferior when compared to other sports titles and football games of last gen.

EA knows that the casual gamer will be happy with the current franchise and don't care about other in-depth realistic features. EA knows they really care more about hammering the buttons to get through games with uncomplicated game-play. Current day video games are aimed at the A.D.D. generation.

Last edited by maddenps2; 06-18-2010 at 01:45 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:37 AM   #4
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Sorry it's up to the developers now. Last year they were hear to listen to our voices. They did many things for us last year. They promised some additions for this year that never came to be, and added features that are more friendly to the casual gamer. Unfortuntely, I think the direction is on sales and the mass market that madden reaches.

That's why the game is becoming more user friendly, dumbed down, and arcade like features added like in game attribute boosts. Modes like franchise are left inferior when compared to other sports titles and football games of last gen.

EA knows that the casual gamer will be happy with the current franchise and other in depth realistic features and really care more about hammering the buttons to get through games with uncomplicated gameplay. Current day video games are aimed at the A.D.D. generation.
quotable
Old 06-18-2010, 05:23 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

You can't. You need to foster respect within the community first.

It's not like you can change the development of say a car you want to buy. EA can rightly do whatever they want in pursuit of economic interest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
You can't. You need to foster respect within the community first.

It's not like you can change the development of say a car you want to buy. EA can rightly do whatever they want in pursuit of economic interest.
The changing the car part isn't true. I own a WRX and Subbie PAID ME for my opinion.

As for the respect of the community, what community are you referring to?

Tourney guys
Press - which is what most of these type sites are
online gamers
OS - or other forums based

I think a lot of us aren't going to fall into the first three categories. You would basically have to log in and make posts every day for the third FOR YEARS and even then some people won't respect you opinion if it isn't always positive.

Last edited by stux; 06-18-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #7
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Extremely good question. I fear posting anything negative, constructive or otherwise. Either you tormented by the ravenous fans, or your tread is locked instantly. Then there is the fact that most of us gave our feedback here and other places last year, only for the vast majority to be ignored... I really can't recall seeing any suggestions for gameflow, gameplan or 3vs3. They did however address the blocking issue, but that only appears to effect run plays, not pass plays (backs still shed blocked defenders directly into the QB).

Last year and the year before we were able to comment on their blogs and make suggestions.... that didn't work either! They slightly improved presentation while adding an unfinished component in protak and added fight for the fumble. (UGH):

In the end they will do what they feel is going to sell the most units, and that appears to be to cater to the large casual game market. Maybe they should put a Madden flash game out for facebook and the iphone to catch the casual gamers dollar and leave Madden to the hardcore.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

To be honest. A lot of constructive criticism is garbage . . . . That is, the ideas are simply no good.

Developers would have to sift through hundreds of threads to find an idea thats actually any good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »