Home

The reason Madden 11 isn't giving us the WOW moments IMO is...

This is a discussion on The reason Madden 11 isn't giving us the WOW moments IMO is... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #9
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: The reason Madden 11 isn't giving us the WOW moments IMO is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee
Why bother, seriously EA needs to just buyout Backbreaker tweak a few of the gameplay issues, slap the NFL license on it and you would probably have one of the best football games ever made.

EA does not have to reinvent the wheel when it comes to physic based football. While people feel backbreaker is a tech demo the basis is there for a GREAT football game.

If EA were smart they would just buy 505 and integrate them in with Ian's team and make a backbreaker EA Madden game
what grass are you smoking???

anyways, they said franchise will be the focus for 12 so I dont see how they will be able to get real time physics in the game...You would think that would be they the focus already, I mean it is their lead game for EA sports, why bother with protak in the first place(unless its the same engine just neede tweaks)

Last edited by Jukeman; 06-18-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
We can only hope. Ratings and weight don't mean anything in bb though.

Yeah BB does need some serious tweaks but the on field action and the basic gameplay is amazing and makes Madden look very dated.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Umm...Madden has been in development way longer than BB. It's been in development on current systems for 6 years. That's more than enough time to get their stuff together. I'm not giving them any excuses at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
We can only hope. Ratings and weight don't mean anything in bb though.
I have the game, and I think ratings do mean something. They don't have many ratings, only like 4 different ones, but they seem to have an impact. Why do you say ratings don't matter? Has this been confirmed from BB?
Old 06-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

If EA is secretly working on a real physics engine for Madden 12, then the day AFTER Madden 11 hits the stores they should start releasing videos and of it in-action for Madden 12.

I mean the very next DAY.

Otherwise, why the heck would you keep something of that magnitude a secret? (Other than to prevent Madden 11 sales from tanking because everyone would just wait for Madden 12 - but that looks inevitable anyway seeing as not much is changing with the game this year.)

I would be wearing "real-player-physics" on my forehead if I was a Madden Developer working on putting it in the game for next year.

I'd send out Christmas cards with those moving hologram pictures showing a true, unanimated gang-tackle with a couple slides from the game engine in action.

I'd wear it on my boxer shorts... ok not that far.

I'm not getting my hopes up.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

what the point EA never listen to us
Old 06-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #15
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

With all due respect to anyone this question pertains to,Is there anything that EA/Madden can ever say or do to make you lose faith in them?LOL

I wasnt paying much attention to EA/Madden from 2005 til last year.Just been pretty much buying the game since the exclusive NFL license and making the most of it.I liked another game better from 1999 til 2005 so when I went back to playing Madden in 2005,I just figured the game was not my "cup of tea" like when I quit playing it in 1999.I saw no need to rant and rave because I thought if Madden fans like it,it's probably a good Madden game.I figured my problem was that I just didnt prefer Madden and my bias was affecting my enjoyment.

Last year Madden 10 took on a different feel,more like the football game I was used to playing so I began to pay more attention.Since then I have read blogs and watched videos as well as been on all kinds of forums about Madden.In just a little over a year of paying attention to EA/Madden I have seen and read some very clarifying things.

What's so unbelievable is,IMO,there are people on here who have been allegedly paying attention for 5+ years or more and still act as if they dont have a clue what's going on.Im by no means suggesting I fully know what's going on with EA/Madden but I have a clue,picked up quite a few this year.

I think some of you guys should get one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
IMO they are working on the real time physics like NHL & Elite will have and there was only so much time they devoted to the tackles and interactions this year. Why try to make something better if you know that it won't be in Madden 12. I guess I'm saying maybe it was just a timing thing and to have real time physics in a football game takes much more time with 22 players and refs on the field. Look how long BB was in development and how it turned out after 3 years. With that being said I can see why they added stuff like game flow and locomotion. I would think they would have really focused on presentation with the extra point too though so who knows. I really like the way NCAA feels so maybe this will be the first year I take off on Madden in a long while.
lol of course I just made a thread asking what the odds of M12 featuring real-time physics are...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »