Home

Pretty concerning video of Tebow abusing Protak in M11

This is a discussion on Pretty concerning video of Tebow abusing Protak in M11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Pretty concerning video of Tebow abusing Protak in M11

Pro-Tak is when the game engine allows more then 1 player to actually interact with the ball-carrier.

If Pro-Tak does not trigger, then any other player on the field will be unable to touch the ball carrier if he's already interacting with another player model.

If a ball carrier is in the middle of breaking a tackle of an opposing player , then any other opposing players on the field who want to help make the tackle will bounce off the ball carrier like there's an invisible force-field around them. They will fall on their faces or just glide past the ball carrier with a "whiff" animation kicking in to try to hide the fatc that there are no real physics to speak of in this game.

You could have a player that's partially wrapped up by a defender dead-in-your-sights and dive at him with your team's best-tackler. If Pro-Tak doesn't trigger, then your diving player will just fall flat on his face thanks to the invisibile force-field engine that Madden continues to employ every year.

It's 2010 on Next-Gen, multi-core consoles and EA still sells this prehistoric game engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
I get that this is probably on a low difficulty level but still, this is the NFL, the Vikings not College or Florida International.
Whats wrong with FIU?
Old 06-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 2

Wow, that was God awful. Other things that bother the hell out of me in Madden:
-Stat before the game. "Tebow has 0 Tds and 0 Yds in 2010" WTF? no crap. Why does it show that stuff and in a sentance form
-On the TD pass...the DB had perfect position to knock it down but does nothing.
-IDK if it is in Madden 11 but in M10 when you would make the playoffs it combines your stats for the whole year. So if you had 995 yrds in the regular season, when you run for 6 in the playoffs it says, "He just went over 1000 yrds on the year!''...No he didn't. Nobody says that and nobody counts the playoffs.

In the words of Sir Charles...that turrable.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #28
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
"Pro-tak" was not even in this vid. You guys don't understand what pro-tak is meant to this.

What happened in this video is the result of NO pro-tak.

That being said. There nothing unrealistic about the 40 yard bomb. He stepped up and avoided the pressure. Rolled to his left. Normal imo.

The long td run was obviously a problem. Pro-tak NEEDS TO BE WORKING BY NOW!
100% right.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #29
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I read most of the comments before watching the video and honestly... it's not as horrendous as I thought it would be. I see a lot of user error on the run:

*The badly missed hit stick on the first attempt.

*Greenway got him around the waist from behind, but that's something I would expect him to break through with his strength rating and the fact that he had momentum. Try to make a tackle on a 240 lbs. man going full speed who can squat the weight room without your feet under you and from a bad angle. Now if he and Greenway met head on and he ran through him then that would be another thing.

*The thing that looked bad, when Tebow was initially wrapped up and bounced off was a missed strip attempt, which is what happens when you go for a stip in a bad position. It's just never been animated properly.

*That truck at the end may be a bit much. But I don't know Tebow's truck rating and it could be argued that once again Tebow's momentum wasn't totally stopped and was going down hill.

Nobody had a clean kill shot on him. Nobody really wrapped him up. That's just what I saw.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 12

Pro-Tak needs to be activated on EVERY SINGLE PLAY in order for assisted-tackles/gang-tackles/assisted-sacks/pileups to happen in Madden.

The problem with that is that Pro-Tak doesn't have enough variety in it's animations to make it look realistic.

That's the fundamental flaw with Pro-Tak and the Madden game engine. If you allow Pro-Tak to trigger 100% of the time, then people will complain there's pileups on every down - because the rest of the game engine doesn't work properly with the Pro-Tak code.

So the alternative is that you only see 1 potential tackler on 95% of the plays, even if other players are diving at the same ball-carrier.

Tim Tebow, in this video, is just running through every tackler because either A.) it's on Rookie mode or B.) Pro-Tak is broken and there's no real way to influence a ball-carrier from multiple angles unless Pro-Tak activates or C.) The rating system is screwed up and guys like Tebow will break tackles all day long.

Who knows. All I know is that Tim Tebow shouldn't be breaking EIGHT TACKLES on his way to the end zone - I don't care what the difficulty is.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:04 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Missed hit-sticks aside, that was an absolute horrendous display of animation and a totally unrealistic run. How can EA stare at these crap animations and tackles all year long while developing the game and not see that they just look f'd up? Please integrate some kind of physics based tackle engine next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

EA needs to change the name of the Vikings stadium to Mall of America Field
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »