Home

If EA did NOTHING but add a real physics engine...

This is a discussion on If EA did NOTHING but add a real physics engine... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #17
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: If EA did NOTHING but add a real physics engine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
The only thing that worries me is their exclusive NFL contract requiring them to pump out a Madden game every August.

It took The Backbreaker team like 4 years to build the Backbreaker physics engine. I'm not sure if EA can do it in 12 months.

If the EA guys haven't already laid some sort of groundwork for a physics engine, then they might not even bother with it since it would take some serious development time.

Then again, EA has a TON more money for Tiburon to make MAdden then the Backbreaker guys did. I think they funded their game out of their own pockets for the most part.

Plus, it's possible they might just purchase the rights of someone else's already created physics engine and implement it to save time and money.

Who knows. Whatever it takes, I hope they can get it done.

This is part of the reason why I am would be worried about Tiburon doing their own physics engine. The other part is quite frankly I haven't seen any evidence that they have the skill to pull it off. Even if it was developed by the NHL team or the Elite team, I would still be worried about Tiburon laying it in Madden.

I don't know. I would just feel much better if the licensed a 3rd party phys eng.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 8

A physics engine is at least two years away, at least . EA isn't going to go through what they have to go through to implement a physics engine until there is a viable competitor.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

agreed with all this. we say nba and nhl are gonna have physics. So maybe madden will next year. But have you guys watched the nhl 11 videos? the hits look stupid. Last year you couldn't hit nearly at all. this year you seem to able to be completely out of position and crush people no matter what. it looks completely unnatural and wonky. I dont know. Nobody can seem to do anything right. BB mixed with Madden would be perfect though.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketRocket
A physics engine is at least two years away, at least . EA isn't going to go through what they have to go through to implement a physics engine until there is a viable competitor.
And then 3-4 MORE years to work out the bugs. Sigh. Its gonna be a long time.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

It won't be in before '13. Next year is the year of franchise improvements, so they won't have the time to include a real physics engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #22

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee
The funny thing is Backbreaker in only 1GB, yes you heard me correct en entire game is only 1GB.

What Ea really needs to do is just buyout 505 take backbreaker as an engine and just build on it fix a few gameplay issues and slap the NFL license all over it and you have one of the best football games ever made.
Exactly.

BB's engine plus the player interaction and seamless animations in madden would be just a sight to see. If they don't have the personal to get it right the FIRST time around then hire the guys that did the job for BB in that area. I think sells would sky rocket with that engine because, I don't think there going to be better anytime soon.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #23
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Me too.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 7

Well the euphoria engine is not a physics engine it is a live animation engine combine with nivdia physx. So it needs more than just phycics.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »