Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights (OS @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights (OS @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights (OS @ E3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Funny how EA said NOTHING about improving collision detection, animations, getting rid of canned animations or even footsliding for this Madden but so many people are hootin' and hollerin' about these things as if they are supposed to be gone in Madden 11. THE ANIMATION ENGINE IS WHAT IT IS, RIGHT NOW, PEOPLE! Get over it until they say they are going to overhaul it . If you don't like it, POOF-POW, be gone, stop complaining and don't buy the game as well as stay off the threads with the ridiculousness. I'm pretty sure that with the new physics engine in NHL/Elite 11 it will eventually make it over to Madden and NCAA.

So why should anyone spend $59.99 on a game that won't be close to what most people want for another 2 or 3 years?
Old 06-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #18
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Funny how EA said NOTHING about improving collision detection, animations, getting rid of canned animations or even footsliding for this Madden but so many people are hootin' and hollerin' about these things as if they are supposed to be gone in Madden 11. THE ANIMATION ENGINE IS WHAT IT IS, RIGHT NOW, PEOPLE! Get over it until they say they are going to overhaul it . If you don't like it, POOF-POW, be gone, stop complaining and don't buy the game as well as stay off the threads with the ridiculousness. I'm pretty sure that with the new physics engine in NHL/Elite 11 it will eventually make it over to Madden and NCAA.
Actually no, that's EXACTLY what they told us they'd fix and not even for madden 11 in fact but madden 10.

Ian Cummings said in a promotional video that the tackling animations would not be CANNED. and that Pro-tak would add realistic physics, etc. etc.

I'm not in here complaining for my health, I hate to complain. but it is what it is. We as consumers are being mislead at this point, that in itself is a whole 'nother argument. I'd rather just stick to the game at hand. And considering how much I love the NFL buying another game isn't really an option for me...You should really try and get off your high horse.

I tried to explain i'm not trying to bash madden at all, just expressing my frustration, and this is the first year i've ever done so. So please refrain from the "go away, blah blah, etc." my opinion is just as entitled as yours.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #19
Dual Threat

Joey Sauce's Arena

OVR: 15
wow - that video just pretty much made me not want Madden this year..what the hell happened to realism and authenticity?
Old 06-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 9

That 1st play was pretty smooth honestly, but then it had to be ruined by seeing Tebow break 7 tackles (4 if only counting the ones that actually were allowed via animation triggers).

All that weird swerving left & right Tebow was doing at the end of the run in unison with his two lead blockers looked very awkward. Looks like the technology isn't really that advanced, like the blockers are now just mirroring the ballcarriers movements robotically and not independently just knowing who would need to be blocked on their own...weird.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1
Are people this picky? Really? I know the game has issues. I want a much better Franchise in Madden however people just seem so picky just to be picky. Go play football on the Atari 2600. Go play John Elways QB on the NES. People are expecting these huge unreal things that I bet gaming just can't do yet. I swear no one can be happy with a game anymore. There will always be people bashing anything they see or play. I bet most of you complaining will be in a store on Aug. 10th buying this. Is there issues with the game? Yes. Will there be issues in the next 5 years? Yes. Just enjoy the game. If you want real life football the way you want it. Go play it yourself lol. Better yet, if you want a better Madden game, go learn how to make the games and do it yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #22
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

this is terrible. No QB has ever broken that many tackles. Just imagine what AP would do.

Im staying away from this game. Sheesh.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicker316
Are people this picky? Really? I know the game has issues. I want a much better Franchise in Madden however people just seem so picky just to be picky. Go play football on the Atari 2600. Go play John Elways QB on the NES. People are expecting these huge unreal things that I bet gaming just can't do yet. I swear no one can be happy with a game anymore. There will always be people bashing anything they see or play. I bet most of you complaining will be in a store on Aug. 10th buying this. Is there issues with the game? Yes. Will there be issues in the next 5 years? Yes. Just enjoy the game. If you want real life football the way you want it. Go play it yourself lol. Better yet, if you want a better Madden game, go learn how to make the games and do it yourself.
Everything we want has been done before. Just not in this generation of madden games. Which is sad.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicker316

Yea - we want huge, unreal things - that were done 6 years ago by another company and THIS year by an independent, small-budget company.

Yea - we're crazy to want this stuff...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »