Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights (OS @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights (OS @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights (OS @ E3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
That looked exactly like one of those pro tak break the pile tackles that everyone says are so unrealistic. That WAS real footage correct? I'm trying to figure out how its unrealistic in Madden but happens in real life, lol.

I agree that animations trigger at inappropriate moments though.

Last edited by TheCreep; 06-18-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #42
Nev
Rookie

Nev's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
Now thats a face palm!!! lol.

If a play like the David Tyree catch happened in Madden, the same thing would be said about that. I still don't have a clue how Eli managed to stay on his feet and then complete that pass.

Its just something you don't see every sunday but it does happen.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #43
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
That looked exactly like one of those pro tak break the pile tackles that everyone says are so unrealistic. That WAS real footage correct? I'm trying to figure out how its unrealistic in Madden but happens in real life, lol.

Only 2 guys got a hold of the runner, the others were engaged near him. That was one heck of a run, and more the exception than the rule. ProTak can be good if you tune it, it's just that EA's default tuning leaves a lot to be desired. Once you tune it, the number of gang bust outs are few and far between if ever (sliders FTW).
Old 06-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 11

Besides for the broken tackles, it didn't look bad.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Is it realistic to occur once in a while? sure, but not as often as it does in this game. The last time I saw something like that in the NFL was Barry Sanders, there are very few players who should be able to do something like that and a rookie third string QB is not one of them. I'm more of a franchise guy, I can look past these types of issues, but I'm pretty sure that's why people are complaining about seeing things like this, along with the 'force field' issues everyone talks about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #46
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

That play was awesome, I remember it happening on TV. Amazing.

However, look at the title of the vid. Greatest run in history. It's not titled, "cool play that happens every other game".

This would be a cool Madden highlight if it was one of a kind. However, for this kind of footage, along with the wack Reggie Bush return, to show up with such a limited gameplay timeframe @ E3 is troubling.

The good news is that it is probably tunable. Hopefully this becomes a rarity that is truly magical versus something you throw controllers over because it happens all the time.

Edit: Tommie Fraizer was at the apex of college football in that game. His ratings would have been all 99's. Tebow is a rookie QB in Madden 11. Something is kind of wrong about that.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

LoL. Yeah, Someone had to pull up a decade old (and then some) highlight to justify something that happens all the time in Madden.

But the other issue is, in real life defenders don't deflect off the ball carrier like a magical force is surrounded by the ball carrier because he's engaged in a one on one tackle with some else instead of gang tackling.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 8

This is just like the Bush one nobody can put the second hit on with out a force field are the animation making the defender miss.

There a differnets between the video and Madden and thats Physics there are no force fields on the collage player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »