Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights (OS @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights (OS @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #57
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights (OS @ E3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
man people that moan about all the nitpicky stuff drive me nuts. 'why should we spend 59.99 to play a game with [fill in the blank] issue?!' you should buy it because it's fun. not sure if you all remember but madden is a game. it's meant for enjoyment. if you get so caught up in animation problems and petty s*** like that, you need to reconsider why you play video games at all.

if you don't like it, don't play it. no one is forcing you to buy the game. if it doesn't meet your exact specifications, leave it on the shelf.
I don't play video games simply because they are 'fun'. I play them to put myself in a realistic situation that I normally would not be able to be in. I play Red Dead Redemption because I feel like I am actually THERE and in that world. It's believable. I play "Hardcore" mode on Call of Duty games because I want it to be the most realistic experience possible as if I was in that situation in real life.

I play Madden because I want to know what it's like to be a professional football player as well as a coach. I want to feel a small (very) part of what Peyton Manning feels when he lobs that perfect pass over the defender for a touchdown. Or how good the Ravens D feels when they swarm the ballcarrier and don't allow him to gain an inch... We need Madden to be as realistic as possible for this reason, because if it gives off the impression of being fake, I will lose interest and it will not seem real to me. I don't play video games just to "have fun". That's what the Wii is for.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
man people that moan about all the nitpicky stuff drive me nuts. 'why should we spend 59.99 to play a game with [fill in the blank] issue?!' you should buy it because it's fun. not sure if you all remember but madden is a game. it's meant for enjoyment. if you get so caught up in animation problems and petty s*** like that, you need to reconsider why you play video games at all.

if you don't like it, don't play it. no one is forcing you to buy the game. if it doesn't meet your exact specifications, leave it on the shelf.
I haven't purchased a next gen Madden because it's been sub par. But you are attacking people for being unhappy that Madden doesn't have things in the game that it and others had WELL OVER A HALF DECADE AGO.

Because of the Exclusive Rights, MADDEN is the ONLY NFL licensed game out there. People have a right to be unhappy with EA/Tib.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
man people that moan about all the complaining about people on a Madden forum about important Madden problems stuff drive me nuts...

if you don't think tackling is an important part of football and that Madden is only football game this gen that has this problem and wasn't even an issue in some football games in previous gen, then hey, ignorance is bliss. morre power to ya.
I think his point is the one we've heard numerous times, the majority of the people that complain over and over still buy the game, and then they play it and complain some more.
If it's really that big of a deal, don't buy the game. If you don't have fun with the game because you can't look past these things don't buy the game.
If you know about these problems, they bother you, and you are going to support EA by purchasing it, then what are you complaining about? They gave you a product that you deemed worthy of your cash. That's really the only opinion of a consumer that matters, is it good enough to get their money?
Old 06-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbothesh23
I think his point is the one we've heard numerous times, the majority of the people that complain over and over still buy the game, and then they play it and complain some more.
If it's really that big of a deal, don't buy the game. If you don't have fun with the game because you can't look past these things don't buy the game.
If you know about these problems, they bother you, and you are going to support EA by purchasing it, then what are you complaining about? They gave you a product that you deemed worthy of your cash. That's really the only opinion of a consumer that matters, is it good enough to get their money?
EDIT: Forgot what thread I was in. Look a couple posts up.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
man people that moan about all the complaining about people on a Madden forum about important Madden problems stuff drive me nuts...

if you don't think tackling is an important part of football and that Madden is only football game this gen that has this problem and wasn't even an issue in some football games in previous gen, then hey, ignorance is bliss. morre power to ya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I haven't purchased a next gen Madden because it's been sub par. But you are attacking people for being unhappy that Madden doesn't have things in the game that it and others had WELL OVER A HALF DECADE AGO.

Because of the Exclusive Rights, MADDEN is the ONLY NFL licensed game out there. People have a right to be unhappy with EA/Tib.
I agree they can be unhappy, I'm unhappy, I haven't bought madden this gen either. I play head coach for the franchise aspect, but haven't played madden because their franchise mode is weak. The point is there are numerous people who know they aren't going to like certain things, things they call 'deal breakers' things they have complained about for years, but then they buy the game anyways, give EA money and continue to complain. You've complained about it, but you've also said it can be overlooked because you gave them your money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbothesh23
Please stop with the "don't buy if you don't like it" crap. Unfortunately if someone wants an NFL game there's only one option, if that option is lacklustered then that is part of the reason why this forum is around, to voice concern. If it wasn't we'd be banned. Don't tell us because some pay for the game they should just shut up and take it. Then if someone points out flaws about the game but hasn't played it then people will pull ye ole "oh you haven't even played the game, so don't judge it unless you play it" mess so just stop with all that.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 4
Angry Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights (OS @ E3)

man madden is going to be garbage again, hockeyball is in effect big time, players skating all over the place. EA does it again.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 13
Quote:
Please stop with the "don't buy if you don't like it" crap. Unfortunately if someone wants an NFL game there's only one option, if that option is lacklustered then that is part of the reason why this forum is around, to voice concern. If it wasn't we'd be banned. Don't tell us because some pay for the game they should just shut up and take it. Then if someone points out flaws about the game but hasn't played it then people will pull ye ole "oh you haven't even played the game, so don't judge it unless you play it" mess so just stop with all that.
there's such a thing as constructive criticism. but there's a line. so many people here expect perfection and to expect that from any video game is delusion. mlb the show - best baseball sim ever right? there are plenty of issues in this game if you play it and dissect it. there are in every game ever made. there's no such thing as the perfect game. it doesn't exist. madden won't ever be a perfect simulation game. there are things about the game i hate. sure. there are things i'd like added, changed, tweaked, etc. but on 2 minute preview video, all you guys can talk about is flaws. i think the game looks great. you all act as if you're entitled to something. you're not. ea can feed you whatever they want and that's the bottom line. if you all would act like adults and try to help ea and the designers who come here for insight (or used to), they'll listen. they've proven that they listen to us in the past. but to ***** and moan about every single little issue in every single thread and every single video posted is ridiculous. there are issues. they know that. to argue about it is meaningless.

and to Jimixiii, if you don't play the game and continue to point out flaws, your opinion really means very little. that's like never trying mountain dew and saying it's gross. 'it's green, so it's gross' how do you know? have you tasted it? it's the nectar of the God's! i know you're probably a madden pro but you're too good for the current gen so you still rock your ps2 version of madden. if that's your style, fine. but to judge a game you don't even play is ludicrous.

all i'm saying is you all act like ea isn't working hard. that is their job. all they do is work 9-5 on code. they work for months to improve the game. voicing concern is fine, but to simply focus on the negative and not look at all the positive strides the game has taken is maddening. i'm pumped for the game. i'm not ignoring flaws, but i'm not focusing on them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »