Home

Madden doesn't fix one of it's biggest flaws....again

This is a discussion on Madden doesn't fix one of it's biggest flaws....again within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #9
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden doesn't fix one of it's biggest flaws....again

theres abunch of stupid stuff they didn't fix either. pointed out in another thread the away team is on the bottom of the score overlay yet again.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
I have believed in giving Ian and Co a break because the mess Ortiz left them.
I don't doubt that all the team work hard and want to build a great game but I have to question their talent after seeing the recent videos. They have been there long enough that the Ortiz excuse has expired for me. For millions of $$$ of investment, I assume quite a large workforce and a year to work on the game I just don't see an improvement to reflect all these resources.
Ian's been working on Madden for a long time. Much of the team that worked when Ortiz was around is the same team. The vision for Madden is poor and the polish is worse. There are many little things that are done poorly that reflect largely on the game. The player interaction is just bad, and nothing is lifelike. Nevermind today's standards set by MLB the show and NBA 2k11, it's still behind 2k football from 6 years ago on old gen. I've accepted the fact that this team can't deliver. Whatever that reason is it doesn't really matter. Excuses are not acceptable when you are charging people a premium for a product that only you produce. I'm not interested in whether or not they have turmoil within their organization. That's their problem, it shouldn't be ours. When they start giving the game away, or lowering the price for the sub-standard product they are making, I'll be more forgiving.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

lol

Look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06IWZMAtz80

That's assisted tackling and gang-tackling from a game made in 2004 on a previous-generation console.

It's 2010 - SIX YEARS LATER - and EA still can't implement an on-the-fly assisted/gang-tackling game engine on a Next-Gen console. They needed to add Pro-Tack to SIMULATE it and the engine STILL uses the "force field" to block out other would-be tacklers once initial contact is made between two opposing players.

SIX YEARS!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 28

Apparently it's too hard to do that. I guess the guys at Visual Concepts had magic programmers...
Old 06-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #13
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Ian's been working on Madden for a long time. Much of the team that worked when Ortiz was around is the same team. The vision for Madden is poor and the polish is worse. There are many little things that are done poorly that reflect largely on the game. The player interaction is just bad, and nothing is lifelike. Nevermind today's standards set by MLB the show and NBA 2k11, it's still behind 2k football from 6 years ago on old gen. I've accepted the fact that this team can't deliver. Whatever that reason is it doesn't really matter. Excuses are not acceptable when you are charging people a premium for a product that only you produce. I'm not interested in whether or not they have turmoil within their organization. That's their problem, it shouldn't be ours. When they start giving the game away, or lowering the price for the sub-standard product they are making, I'll be more forgiving.
thats what people dont understand. Last year "they had me". I said OK, there are improvements in this game and its a step forward. They took a shot at Online Franchise, improved presentation, implemented some kind of weekly recap and halftime show, I said OK. I will give these guys a chance. If they improve on this, they should be good. I bought the game and basically took it for what its worth.

Then this year, the Online franchise is untouched, presentation looks about the same, superstar mode is the same untouched, worthless mode it was in madden 08, and their weekly recap/halftime shows dont appear to be any different from what i have heard.

Now instead of fixing a broken game, they added ways to make more money.EA Sports is trying to use Madden on the forefront of the micro-transaction era. They are trying to innovate gaming to basically make more money. pretty soon, you will pay 60 bucks to download madden, then alt jerseys,etc will cost money and you will end up paying over 100 dollars for a whole complete game. They are their own company, they can do what they want, my issue is that they are doing this now, when their product isnt ready for this. They haven't made a complete madden yet, and they are going to charge extra for things? Its a slap accross the face and bad business.

"hey online franchise is half way done, superstar is worthless, animations, cut scenes, presentation, commentary are beat down by a 6 year old game but hey pay 5 bucks for the AFL jerseys." it makes no sense.

Thats it, they no longer are getting any sympathy or hope out of me. Its not like this year Im like well 2010 was an improvement, they will prob fix all of those things for Madden 12? Does that not sound foolish? People think some of us are ripping the game, and some of us are, but people like me are looking for answers like whats the deal?
Old 06-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
thats what people dont understand. Last year "they had me". I said OK, there are improvements in this game and its a step forward. They took a shot at Online Franchise, improved presentation, implemented some kind of weekly recap and halftime show, I said OK. I will give these guys a chance. If they improve on this, they should be good. I bought the game and basically took it for what its worth.

Then this year, the Online franchise is untouched, presentation looks about the same, superstar mode is the same untouched, worthless mode it was in madden 08, and their weekly recap/halftime shows dont appear to be any different from what i have heard.

Now instead of fixing a broken game, they added ways to make more money.EA Sports is trying to use Madden on the forefront of the micro-transaction era. They are trying to innovate gaming to basically make more money. pretty soon, you will pay 60 bucks to download madden, then alt jerseys,etc will cost money and you will end up paying over 100 dollars for a whole complete game. They are their own company, they can do what they want, my issue is that they are doing this now, when their product isnt ready for this. They haven't made a complete madden yet, and they are going to charge extra for things? Its a slap accross the face and bad business.

"hey online franchise is half way done, superstar is worthless, animations, cut scenes, presentation, commentary are beat down by a 6 year old game but hey pay 5 bucks for the AFL jerseys." it makes no sense.

Thats it, they no longer are getting any sympathy or hope out of me. Its not like this year Im like well 2010 was an improvement, they will prob fix all of those things for Madden 12? Does that not sound foolish? People think some of us are ripping the game, and some of us are, but people like me are looking for answers like whats the deal?

It also explains why they stopped posting on these forums this year. Last year they made some effort to move forward - so they showed up and chatted with us a lot.

This year they didn't do much of anything to the game, so they decided to bail out and avoid direct criticism from us for their lack of effort.

They just don't want us to call them out publicly on their broken promises and lack of effort.

They'll be back the next time they decide to implement big changes to the game - maybe by 2013.

I can't remember the last time Ian or Phil chatted with us to be honest. Everything is from Aug/Sept 2009. After they released those couple patches, they disappeared.

They didn't even release a "Feature" list this year - probably because there's only 3 features for madden 2011.

It's pathetic.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
It also explains why they stopped posting on these forums this year. Last year they made some effort to move forward - so they showed up and chatted with us a lot.

This year they didn't do much of anything to the game, so they decided to bail out and avoid direct criticism from us for their lack of effort.

They just don't want us to call them out publicly on their broken promises and lack of effort.

They'll be back the next time they decide to implement big changes to the game - maybe by 2013.

I can't remember the last time Ian or Phil chatted with us to be honest. Everything is from Aug/Sept 2009. After they released those couple patches, they disappeared.

They didn't even release a "Feature" list this year - probably because there's only 3 features for madden 2011.

It's pathetic.

And if people want to say we are trolling or whatever you want to call speaking the truth go ahead. The fact is madden has not improved much this gen. It has never been good and has never met even half the expectations fans hoped. Who would be happy with this game besides a 8 year old kid who doesn't know any better. Now I see why they are working harder on the wii cause the only people they can please are little children.

No grown man is going to be happy with madden 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #16
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

I agree this is an issue in Madden but I do see improvement on this.It seems from the videos I have seen that pro-tak has been tuned to allow different numbers of defenders to engage the ball carrier this year.Not just 1 on 1 or huge pile ups like last year.It looks like the issues this year are from when a ball carrier goes into an animation.As long as there is no animation triggered,protak seems to work alot better this year.

My big issue is with the QB pocket and dropback crap that has been in Madden FOREVER!LOL That's one of the main reasons I stopped playing Madden before the exclusive NFL license and here it is,still in the game.I dont understand what is so difficult about not allowing a passer to do unrealistic dropbacks and still throw downfield strikes.Dropbacks this deep should result in constant sacks,pressure and poorly thrown passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »