Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Jets vs. Patriots (OS @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Jets vs. Patriots (OS @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #25
Rookie

Shawnj86's Arena

OVR: 16
jets look ok
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 7
As some of you noted, it could be a talent (or lack thereof) issue with getting an amazing Madden developed and shipped to us foaming-at-the-mouth consumers. Regardless, I haven't played this Madden yet so I may be just talking out of a certain orifice, but it just seems like the same ol' stale hackneyed cut of football we've been getting for the current console generation. The game needs a serious overhaul from helmet to cleat and I don't see it coming out of EA Tiburon. There just seems to be no soul or passion in this title anymore. It is lifeless.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Jets vs. Patriots (OS @ E3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodizzy
As some of you noted, it could be a talent (or lack thereof) issue with getting an amazing Madden developed and shipped to us foaming-at-the-mouth consumers. Regardless, I haven't played this Madden yet so I may be just talking out of a certain orifice, but it just seems like the same ol' stale hackneyed cut of football we've been getting for the current console generation. The game needs a serious overhaul from helmet to cleat and I don't see it coming out of EA Tiburon. There just seems to be no soul or passion in this title anymore. It is lifeless.

At this point to suggest talent is NOT the problem would be crazy. I quit suggesting ideas right after Madden 09. What's the point if you know they aren't capable of doing it? There really isn't anything they do well other than graphics. It's either mediocre or horrible with them.

Let me also be as harsh as possible and say, they need to fire the audio staff and remove the people involved in matching the audio. I'm no audio expert, my background was in level design (Sony ImageSoft), and I don't have to be, because 3 years of bad commentary from various personalities is enough to know that this staff is untalented and can't deliver under any circumstance.

This generation is a lost cause. I set my sights to next gen when they get rid of most of these people, reassign them to other projects, and assemble a new team. That truly is the only hope left. I'm wishing very hard that the new team will understand how to make a quality football title, and not just a ho-hum joke that fails to just get basic things correct. It's like they're in their own little world over there. Don't they see what all of the other sports titles are doing these days? Anyone can see that Madden is being outclassed by nearly every sports franchise on the planet, anyone except the people working on Madden.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #28
Rookie

fmrodog's Arena

OVR: 6

NCAA is on pre-order, I have given up on Madden.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:37 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmrodog
NCAA is on pre-order, I have given up on Madden.
I agree, I'm getting NCAA myself, I havent bought NCAA since 2002, its looking better than MAdden.

Looks like Madden 10 to me. Same ol animations and such. I could care less if there was a presentation at all, I'm into gameplay, thats all that matters to me. I ain't dropping 60 on the same game.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:38 PM   #30
Strategy

OVR: 36
i'm pretty underwhelmed, and why are they playing vids of Madden 10...joking, but was anything changed this year. The game looks the same to me.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:43 PM   #31
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMan1000
There really isn't anything they do well other than graphics. It's either mediocre or horrible with them.

thats actually a good point. It isnt like Superstar Mode changed the game and other sports games are clamoring to implement their feature or it isnt like they have this TV style presentation that another game will emulate someday. They dont do anything "great". There is literally nothing about Madden that I say man, thats a polished feature. I mean for crying out loud, for 2 years they have the away team on bottom of the overlay. LOL. its literally like man, they dont do anything right.

I know people see improvement and all, and there are good parts of the game but I mean throw enough darts and your bound to get a bullseye sooner or later right? its been 6 years and they haven't hit the dartboard yet(meaning a feature that works as advertised) let alone an innovative feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMan1000
At this point to suggest talent is NOT the problem would be crazy. I quit suggesting ideas right after Madden 09. What's the point if you know they aren't capable of doing it? There really isn't anything they do well other than graphics. It's either mediocre or horrible with them.

Let me also be as harsh as possible and say, they need to fire the audio staff and remove the people involved in matching the audio. I'm no audio expert, my background was in level design (Sony ImageSoft), and I don't have to be, because 3 years of bad commentary from various personalities is enough to know that this staff is untalented and can't deliver under any circumstance.

This generation is a lost cause. I set my sights to next gen when they get rid of most of these people, reassign them to other projects, and assemble a new team. That truly is the only hope left. I'm wishing very hard that the new team will understand how to make a quality football title, and not just a ho-hum joke that fails to just get basic things correct. It's like they're in their own little world over there. Don't they see what all of the other sports titles are doing these days? Anyone can see that Madden is being outclassed by nearly every sports franchise on the planet, anyone except the people working on Madden.
Good post. My sentiments exactly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »