Home

Will Madden 11 have updated play books based on coaching changes?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 11 have updated play books based on coaching changes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Will Madden 11 have updated play books based on coaching changes?

I have not seen a thread discussing this, so I thought I'd make it.

Do we know if situations like where Mike Shannahan moves to Washington if the Redskins will for some reason have the exact same play book they had in Madden 10?

Because that would make little sense. If anything, their play book should be more similar to the Texan's play book, since Houston ran a variant of the scheme Denver ran with Shannahan.

Not to mention, Washington will be switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4.

But that is one example.

For Madden 11, do we know if they will change the play books based on coaching changes, or will all the play books be more or less the same as in Madden 10?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Will Madden 11 have updated play books based on coaching changes?

They usually do an okay job with the coaching changes. I remember when Petrino came to the Falcons, and that year on Madden, their playbook was almost identical to the one Louisville ran on NCAA the year before.

To me the problem is updating existing coaches' tendencies. The Bengals for instance feel like they haven't been touched in years. And last year they went away from all the 3 receiver sets to more heavy, run formations. I hope that's reflected.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

Oh, and Redskins should be straight. They were in the 3-4 on the vids that have been posted.

The defensive playbooks are what I really want to see. There is so much creativity on that side of the ball in the NFL that it doesn't make sense. If the Saint's don't have a multiple D flavor to their defensive playbook this year then that's definitive evidence that Ea is not on their job. Gregg Williams threw every look known to man at Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl and has always prided himself on being multiple.

I'm starting to wonder if universal playbooks are the way to go and just let me design my playcalling accordingly. I heard Rod Woodson say once that he had never played in a 4-3 scheme that didn't have 3-4 looks sprinkled into the playbook and vise versa. That's the one thing that's cool about NCAA. You play the 4-3, you get Bear, 4-4, etc.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Oh, and Redskins should be straight. They were in the 3-4 on the vids that have been posted.

The defensive playbooks are what I really want to see. There is so much creativity on that side of the ball in the NFL that it doesn't make sense. If the Saint's don't have a multiple D flavor to their defensive playbook this year then that's definitive evidence that Ea is not on their job. Gregg Williams threw every look known to man at Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl and has always prided himself on being multiple.

I'm starting to wonder if universal playbooks are the way to go and just let me design my playcalling accordingly. I heard Rod Woodson say once that he had never played in a 4-3 scheme that didn't have 3-4 looks sprinkled into the playbook and vise versa. That's the one thing that's cool about NCAA. You play the 4-3, you get Bear, 4-4, etc.

In case you're interested, some Gregg Williams with the Saints:

http://brophyfootball.blogspot.com/2...-williams.html

He uses a single high really deep FS a ton, and this look is not really in the game.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

Hey, thanks Paolo! I love tracking down this kind of stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 01:02 AM   #6
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm pretty certain I remember a video that said the GamePlans were going to be coach specific, not team. So the playbooks should go with the coach.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Ya the playbooks should be up to date once the game comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »