Home

Opinions on OTP?

This is a discussion on Opinions on OTP? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Reactions to OTP?
Yes, will play OTP, maybe bring back memories of those multitap games 4 18.18%
No, no interest whatsoever, besides they should have worked on other features 13 59.09%
Maybe, open to trying it out. 5 22.73%
Football video games can't work with more than one human player per team 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2010, 11:16 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Opinions on OTP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev
I'm glad its in but I don't like thats its at the expense of the Franchise modes.

If I had to choose between the two I would take franchise mode everytime.

For anybody not interested in it at all, I would just forget the fact we got screwed over with the franchise mode and go in with an open mind. I think you will enjoy it.

If its as fun as the FIFA OTP then I will be playing this game mode all the tiime.
That's a widely-held opinion but nobody outside of Tiburon knows for sure. Maybe it's true that online franchise was a small percentage of online gaming, while OTP did better in FIFA and NHL in percentage terms.

Maybe they'll get around to OTP in online franchise some day. Then it'll be more like a MORPG, where you not only have 11 players on a team but maybe the whole roster, with each human trying to develop the one player they're controlling.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
They're taking their sweet time giving us 11v11.
In this article:

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...more=fullstory

Ian Cummings claims they tried it with more players but they think 3 vs. 3 worked out the best, in terms of what they could do technically (maybe reliable connections) and also gameplay.

He said the more human players they have, the more likely people get out of position and there are too many easy scores.

Playing defense could be interesting. First, you're cameras are reversed so the perspective is the reverse of what gamers are used to. Playing in the secondary may put you out on an island and if the offensive team can see that a human-controlled CB or DB is shaky, they can try to attack that player with two WRs (either one CPU and one human-controlled WR or if two WRs can be controlled by humans or motion the human-controlled RB and send him towards that human-controlled DB).

The other thing, if they did eventually have more human players, would be to try to coordinate zone defenses. The human players would have pass off coverage amongst each other and CPU-controlled players.

Or maybe most gamers would just try overloaded blitzes and combos with DL creating wider gaps and LBs shooting into those gaps. Could be nano heaven.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #11
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
They're taking their sweet time giving us 11v11.
You would think..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 10

Question is 3v3 only an online option or can you play 3v3 with six controllers?
Old 06-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #13
Banned

Mainly for OTP and the Amazon preorder deal ($20 gift card towards a future game purchase), I'm going to preorder Madden 11.

If it doesn't come up to snuff, NHL 11 is suppose to be good this year, with real physics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »