Home

OK, so you dont like what you see in Madden, so what, you're still buying it

This is a discussion on OK, so you dont like what you see in Madden, so what, you're still buying it within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #25
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: OK, so you dont like what you see in Madden, so what, you're still buying it

Cool story.

I think I'll go to the Tampax forum and tell them I'm not buying their product. Makes just as much sense.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #26
Rookie

Atomic Martian's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: OK, so you dont like what you see in Madden, so what, you're still buying it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
Cool story.

I think I'll go to the Tampax forum and tell them I'm not buying their product. Makes just as much sense.
I already did lol.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 18

Actually, I haven't bought in two years, and have no plans this year either.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
Actually, I haven't bought in two years, and have no plans this year either.

Same here. I can assure you, I have enough self control, and am fed up enough with Tiburon, that it's no longer a temptation for me.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #29
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

With Madden being the only NFL Licensed game on the market, I can see why people buy it despite their complaints, but trust that amongst the abundance of complaints people may have about Madden they probably have found something they do enjoy about the game to keep them playing, maybe it's the online play that keeps them playing, or simply playing against friends and having a blast that way or maybe it's just their way to give the developers their feedback towards the game in hopes the next title will be better, lastly maybe they just love the game of Football.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #30
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7

Maybe used, 'cause that's usually how I feel when I buy it. "USED"
Old 06-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #31
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm "guilty as charged!" I always talk smack, and cave. Last year I was really on the fence and my boy ChubbyBanana made the early release run and had two copies and I bought one. Fired it up and got my footage on YouTube, praised the game as the second coming of football. That said, 2 months later, same old divorce. Same old hollow feeling. Same old coaster, till I sold it at Gamestop for Fifa. This year, I just can't see it. It's a effort for online gamers again. That's why I didn't buy NCAA last year. Between game speed (super fast and twitchy) and the TeamBuilder super feature, I just wasn't feeling it. This year, I'm feeling NCAA's feature set. Not seeing a quick divorce with it. I see Madden as the same old experience, for me. Just gonna hold onto '10, which I broke down and bought real cheap on E-Bay in Feb. I'll do NCAA, and wait for my Soccer/B-Ball games to come out. Nice thing being in my early-going into mid 40's, it seems my life is moving faster. A year doesn't seem so long now. It's be Madden '12 before I know it. I'm cool with no '11. I'm not even gonna waste my time being mad about what Madden isn't this year. Now it just "isn't." They won't miss me, and it'll be highly mutual. I'll just do NHL this year. Looks to be real cutting edge. And I'll wishlist and try to come up with Franchise ideas....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well, some thioughts from reading the thread. This is a Madden forum, and the reason why you see post like this is because we come on here to discuss Madden. I thought this was a message board where you can post pros and cons, but I guess you are only cool if you post pros.

I have always been a Madden Fanboy, I never was able to get into NFL 2K, and I have supported Madden through last year. I actually like the fact that they added pre-determined draft classes last year, along with extra point, etc. (at least they tried to add something new). This year especially looks like a paint job. Adding Gameplanning as a "major addition" to me looks like a dud. I already gameplanned (scripting plays, keeping a playcall sheet, etc). I can do that myself, what I can't do is make the gameplay better, or make presentation better, or make Franchise depth better.

Personally, I don't think they are paying enough attention to Franchise mode, so I will not spend 65 bucks for this game. I will either buy it after the price drops, or wait for it to show up on craigslist for $25.

You see NHL getting majorly overhauled a few years back, and NBA getting completely changed and rebranded because Live became a laughingstock, meanwhile they are simply on cruise control when it comes to Madden.

I am bored with this series. Last year was the best that they have put out on New Generation consoles, IMO. Still, it was only a marginal improvement. I am tired of paying top dollar for marginal improvements. I am taking my $65 bucks and spending it on other hobbies...

I personally thank the op for bringing up this discussion. I think we should always be able to have discussions from positive and negative points of views. Also, I applaud the guys that care about details such as facemasks, towels, etc. Madden's motto has long been "It's in the Game". Last year or the year before they stressed if you see it on Sundays, you'll see it in Madden (or something to that effect). They have a monopoly on NFL games, they need to show respect for the fans by doing more than simply trying to sell games, they need to be at their best year in and year out. Right now they are like a 6-10 team, just average.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »