Home

OK, so you dont like what you see in Madden, so what, you're still buying it

This is a discussion on OK, so you dont like what you see in Madden, so what, you're still buying it within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #33
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: OK, so you dont like what you see in Madden, so what, you're still buying it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Same here. I can assure you, I have enough self control, and am fed up enough with Tiburon, that it's no longer a temptation for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
Actually, I haven't bought in two years, and have no plans this year either.
lol why do you guys even waste your time on the Madden forum?

I swear, at least 40% of the people on this Forum are here for the sole purpose to complain about madden and tell their peers how they will not buy it.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:07 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: OK, so you dont like what you see in Madden, so what, you're still buying it

Like the OP, I won't be purchasing Madden this year either.

I bought Madden '10 used, and it became repetitive and boring rather quickly.

Madden needs a complete overhaul. Ditch the repetitive, unrealistic animations and adopt an actual physics engine.

Then improve the in-game presentation, and flesh out Franchise and Superstar modes.

If EA made those improvements, I'd buy annual iterations of Madden.

Until then, I'll buy it once every 3-4 years. There are so many other great games to play anyway, I don't really miss Madden that much.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 12

the only EA game I'm buying is NHL 11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #36
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan

I swear, at least 40% of the people on this Forum are here for the sole purpose to complain about madden and tell their peers how they will not buy it.
It's called "hope." When you see every other major sports game making leaps and bounds and actually want to play a NFL game, you come back and try to do your best to say "hey, this would be cool." Or "have you thought about trying this, which X game is doing really cool," that's trying. I've bought Madden every year since 2000 without fail. Even the year of 2k5, I enjoyed both games. Even bought 06 with my 360, which I stood outside of Best Buy for 10 hours in 25-degree weather tp purchase on launch. I was even accused of being Ian's jockstrap when I was a mod, because I valued his being here and wanted nobody to hurt his feelings. There are a lot of people who have believed for a long time. Now, in light of advances I've seen made in games like Fifa, NFL and The Show, the Madden game is looking a little shallow in it's advances. So it's time to go from cheerleader to saying, "hey, what gives?" Pick up the pace. PES put a team of 200 developers and programmers to right their listing ship. What gives? I'm not worrying about EA's bottom line this time. If Konami can do it, they should to. Not sell us their business plan. I didn't even complain about the cost of putting a used game online. Thought that was fair. But if you want us all to buy new, spend the money to make it worth our money. They spent millions on the Fifa reboot and had a huge announcement at Leipzig to tout it. How about a big investment in the grandaddy of all sports games? I would hope that even you would want that..... Their a time and a place for all opinions. For many of us who have been very faithful, that time is now.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-19-2010, 11:31 PM   #37
Rookie

gridironjunky's Arena

OVR: 3

I've purchased every madden since 94, a few times I even bought it on two different systems in the same year. Like many others I've felt like they put a new coat of paint on the same product for years but that still didn't stop me from purchasing. This year I'm not buying because after getting it brand new from wal mart last year I still had to pay extra to use the bare bones online franchise feature due to there code not working. I realize this is a poor reason to not purchase a product I have loved for years but I think its time to move on. Madden has not shown me any love for years and now wants to dig deeper into my pockets. I've dated girls like that to many times before and learned when to jump ship. Sorry madden Ill miss you
Old 06-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan

Because it used to be my favorite game, and the NFL is still by far my favorite sport, and I continue to hope that MAYBE, a new Madden will be released with a franchise mode at least on par with the PS2 days.

Sadly, that isn't the case.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 7

I will not be buying.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:37 AM   #40
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Locomotion, Game Plan/Game Flow, improved blocking logic, better sim stats, Gus Johnson (improved pre-game talk) etc. That's enough to warrant a purchase from me.

If anyone knows where I can pick it up early shoot me a PM.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »